student12_34
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am choosing my a level options and do far I have chose history and geography. For my 3rd option either maths or RS. I’m really interested in RS although I know it’s not the most facilitating subject. I don’t think I’m going to need maths for the future uni courses as I’m probably more creative, but I want to be able to demonstrate that I can do maths as well as essay subjects. I got an 8 in my maths mock so hoping to get a 9. I would say that I’m more likely to get a better grade in RS, but I like the challenge of doing maths and science it may look better
student12_34
Rep:
?
(Original post by student12_34)
I am choosing my a level options and do far I have chose history and geography. For my 3rd option either maths or RS. I’m really interested in RS although I know it’s not the most facilitating subject. I don’t think I’m going to need maths for the future uni courses as I’m probably more creative, but I want to be able to demonstrate that I can do maths as well as essay subjects. I got an 8 in my maths mock so hoping to get a 9. I would say that I’m more likely to get a better grade in RS, but I like the challenge of doing maths and science it may look better
Some advice would be really helpful, and anyone who’s done maths with humanities, would maths be more useful for uni courses like Law than RS (even though it’s probably more interesting)?
anabundanceofas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi! First of all, history and geography are already facilitating subjects, so I don't think it would be an issue if you decide to take RS, a less facilitating subject. I think the main question you need to ask yourself is if you actually enjoy/would enjoy maths? It's no good doing subjects at A Level only because you were/are good at them at GCSE because things get tough, you get a lot more work, and you need to have some sort of passion or want to learn in order to persevere. Maths may be good to take because it'll give you a break from reading, analysing and essay writing. However, if you would find RS more interesting and somewhat easier to get good grades, then I would say to just go for it. I am also an aspiring law student and while I do think that maths can help you because it'll develop your logical and critical thinking skills, RS being a humanity and an essay subject that involves arguments and debates that are very relevant to our society may give you more transferrable skills.

Hope this helps
student12_34
Rep:
?
(Original post by anabundanceofas)
Hi! First of all, history and geography are already facilitating subjects, so I don't think it would be an issue if you decide to take RS, a less facilitating subject. I think the main question you need to ask yourself is if you actually enjoy/would enjoy maths? It's no good doing subjects at A Level only because you were/are good at them at GCSE because things get tough, you get a lot more work, and you need to have some sort of passion or want to learn in order to persevere. Maths may be good to take because it'll give you a break from reading, analysing and essay writing. However, if you would find RS more interesting and somewhat easier to get good grades, then I would say to just go for it. I am also an aspiring law student and while I do think that maths can help you because it'll develop your logical and critical thinking skills, RS being a humanity and an essay subject that involves arguments and debates that are very relevant to our society may give you more transferrable skills.

Hope this helps
Thank you, that is very helpful! I do enjoy maths but yes probably RS I would enjoy more! Thank you so much for the advice
anabundanceofas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by student12_34)
Thank you, that is very helpful! I do enjoy maths but yes probably RS I would enjoy more! Thank you so much for the advice
No worries! Good luck with your GCSEs and your A Levels!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.71%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.68%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (99)
21.11%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.76%

Watched Threads