sazza2003
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have to make an artefact/item answering why i want to be a primary school teacher for the age 3-11 but i have no idea what this means!! please someone help!!
arob0697
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sazza2003)
I have to make an artefact/item answering why i want to be a primary school teacher for the age 3-11 but i have no idea what this means!! please someone help!!
Hey!
So I had to do this last week for an interview, and basically I took a 'magic wand'. Take something that you think is important for a teacher to have, and how they can use it in a classroom/through their job as a teacher. Someone else took a glue stick, a photo of children and explained that every child is different.
Honestly it can be anything, just link it to why you want to be a teacher.
You need to ask yourself the question: "Why do I want to be a teacher", and the first thing that comes to mind, try find an item that represents that.
Hope it goes well!
P.S. where are you applying for?
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure about item, maybe you could get some things together for what you see as a lesson you would want to teach them? For Y1 I did the Wright brothers and got the kids to make different paper aeroplane designs to test them out. Bring some random objects, I put them on the playground and told the kids to plan a good map of them so aliens that dropped them could find them in the dark when they came back. Cut out countries, getting children to write out facts on them to then all get joined up as a jigsaw at the end. Buzz is all about creative, active work in primary, so make it clear you're all for that. That's what I'd do anyway.
sazza2003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you so much!! This is for Leeds Beckett but ive applied to NTU, Aberdeen, Stirling and Edinburgh too!!
arob0697
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much!! This is for Leeds Beckett but ive applied to NTU, Aberdeen, Stirling and Edinburgh too!!
My interview was for Leeds Beckett last week! Honestly you'll be fine, the interview team I had were so lovely!
Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello!
Good luck with all of your interviews!

I would interpret this as something that represents you as a teacher, or something that shows your motivation to teach! For example, a plant might represent nurturing and helping a child to grow! Or something more personal to your journey: for example, if a PE teacher inspired you to become a teacher, you might make a miniature football and goal. This represents both PE and helping children to score or achieve their goals!
I hope these examples help get you on the right track.

Just remember they want to know more about you and your journey, they don't want to trip you up! So as long as you can explain why and show your passion, you will be great!
ava2108
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hope yours went well!! i had mine 2 days ago and got my offer yesterday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.18%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.75%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (135)
23.16%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.13%