Laptop recommendations for Illustration BA course

Watch
gabrieleeeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm starting uni this year around September time and i am looking to upgrade my laptop (my budget is around £1000) which means i need a laptop that will last me A LONG time. I am not sure what is best because i want it to run programmes really well like photoshop etc but also have enough storage etc
username5550558
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Macbook. Student discount will take it down to like £1150, but you said its for photoshop, if thats the case they are the best out there.
onlytruejx68
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gabrieleeeee)
So I'm starting uni this year around September time and i am looking to upgrade my laptop (my budget is around £1000) which means i need a laptop that will last me A LONG time. I am not sure what is best because i want it to run programmes really well like photoshop etc but also have enough storage etc
For £1000, the M1 MacBook Air is hard to beat with excellent performance and a really good display. Not to mention the excellent battery life, and the fact that there's no fan as it can run cool enough without one.
aspalax
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can recommend the Microsoft surface pro- it doubles as a screen graphics tablet so you can draw directly on it. Runs photoshop fine, you can buy a magnetic keyboard that attaches straight onto it to use for typing. I've had mine for over a year, would recommend it to anyone doing a digital art course.

be aware the pen & keyboard are separate but if you bought a pro 4/5 you should be able to buy it all together for under £1000 esp if you could get some secondhand- the pen also takes weird (AAAA) batteries so it's useful to get some spares bc you can't pick them up in most shops (but i'm yet to have to replace mine).

edit: googled -
surface pro 6 for £660 https://www.ultraonlineuk.com/micros...-keyboard.html
surface pro keyboard cover for £94 https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
surface pro pen for £60 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-M...-/164577972833
= £814 (and this is surface level google- you can probably do better than this)
Last edited by aspalax; 1 month ago
PanicUsername
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gabrieleeeee)
Hey which unis have you applied for? I’m going to study illustration too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed