Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am due to start studying History and Psychology at Dundee this september (after applying for deferred entry last year) but I am considering changing course to the Philosophy and Film course.

Does anybody know if I can change course before I start uni? Does this seem like a big change considering I didn't study film related subjects in high school?

When I applied originally it felt very rushed and applying for History and Psychology made sense to me at the time however, now that I have thought it over, it is quite clear that I'm not really interested in those subjects anymore. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If Dundee offer that course, you can email their admissions office and ask. Maybe even call them.

If not I think you’ll have to reject that offer, and apply through UCAS again for a 2021 start. The deadline has been extended until the 29th of Jan, so you’d have 10 days to get an app together which is a bit of a stretch.

Alternatively, you could wait and go through clearing in august?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wizkid44)
If Dundee offer that course, you can email their admissions office and ask. Maybe even call them.

If not I think you’ll have to reject that offer, and apply through UCAS again for a 2021 start. The deadline has been extended until the 29th of Jan, so you’d have 10 days to get an app together which is a bit of a stretch.

Alternatively, you could wait and go through clearing in august?
Thanks for the advice, I will try to get in contact with them.
jodie000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just graduated from UoD in the summer. I changed my degree in the first semester of first year - it was a very easy process. I believe in first year you don't even need to pick your degree subject as a module, it's just recommended. This sort of thing happens all the time, so don't worry about it - you'll definitely be able to change your course.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jodie000)
I just graduated from UoD in the summer. I changed my degree in the first semester of first year - it was a very easy process. I believe in first year you don't even need to pick your degree subject as a module, it's just recommended. This sort of thing happens all the time, so don't worry about it - you'll definitely be able to change your course.
Thanks so much for letting me know and congratulations on your graduation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.06%
A uni comparison tool (152)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.5%