The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Changing Undergrad Course

I am due to start studying History and Psychology at Dundee this september (after applying for deferred entry last year) but I am considering changing course to the Philosophy and Film course.

Does anybody know if I can change course before I start uni? Does this seem like a big change considering I didn't study film related subjects in high school?

When I applied originally it felt very rushed and applying for History and Psychology made sense to me at the time however, now that I have thought it over, it is quite clear that I'm not really interested in those subjects anymore. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
If Dundee offer that course, you can email their admissions office and ask. Maybe even call them.

If not I think you’ll have to reject that offer, and apply through UCAS again for a 2021 start. The deadline has been extended until the 29th of Jan, so you’d have 10 days to get an app together which is a bit of a stretch.

Alternatively, you could wait and go through clearing in august?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by wizkid44
If Dundee offer that course, you can email their admissions office and ask. Maybe even call them.

If not I think you’ll have to reject that offer, and apply through UCAS again for a 2021 start. The deadline has been extended until the 29th of Jan, so you’d have 10 days to get an app together which is a bit of a stretch.

Alternatively, you could wait and go through clearing in august?

Thanks for the advice, I will try to get in contact with them. :smile:
Reply 3
I just graduated from UoD in the summer. I changed my degree in the first semester of first year - it was a very easy process. I believe in first year you don't even need to pick your degree subject as a module, it's just recommended. This sort of thing happens all the time, so don't worry about it - you'll definitely be able to change your course.
Reply 4
Original post by jodie000
I just graduated from UoD in the summer. I changed my degree in the first semester of first year - it was a very easy process. I believe in first year you don't even need to pick your degree subject as a module, it's just recommended. This sort of thing happens all the time, so don't worry about it - you'll definitely be able to change your course.

Thanks so much for letting me know and congratulations on your graduation. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending