Katiemcn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anyone help me answer this question?
=
Last edited by Katiemcn; 1 month ago
legalhelp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a great question. Can I just check - have you been set this as part of a criminal module, a dedicated medical law module, or another module? And is this for university or school?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
i wouldn't worry about the structure of your essay till you've done all your research. have you done all that? do you know what your argument is?
Katiemcn
Rep:
?
(Original post by legalhelp)
This is a great question. Can I just check - have you been set this as part of a criminal module, a dedicated medical law module, or another module? And is this for university or school?
Hi! this is a Medical Law and Ethic question for University
Katiemcn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joleee)
i wouldn't worry about the structure of your essay till you've done all your research. have you done all that? do you know what your argument is?
Hi! thats the problem, I've done my research however I am so lost on what my argument should be I can't figure out where to begin.
I'm questioning whether to discuss the 4 methods of euthanasia in light of the quote or focus on the sanctity of life aspect or anything else!
legalhelp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Katiemcn)
Hi! this is a Medical Law and Ethic question for University
Understood. Medical law is not my area of expertise, but if I were you I would be starting with a clear summary of what the legal position is for a medical professional who helps someone end their life, either directly (e.g. by giving them a fatal overdose of something), or indirectly (by helping them commit suicide). Would the professional be criminally and/or civilly liable, and if so, for what? If they are liable, do you think that is right, and what is the legal philosophy behind the current law in this area? I think until you get that clear in your mind, you won’t have a clear idea what you’re arguing about. You may have all this already so apologies if I am telling you something you already know.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Katiemcn)
Hi! thats the problem, I've done my research however I am so lost on what my argument should be I can't figure out where to begin.
I'm questioning whether to discuss the 4 methods of euthanasia in light of the quote or focus on the sanctity of life aspect or anything else!
to me it sounds like you haven't researched enough on both sides or you're trying to figure out 'the right answer'. there is no right answer in law; only good arguments. if you know what you want to argue then you would know the structure of your essay. sorry, i realise that doesn't make a simple answer; but i would say you just have to make a personal opinion, find sources who agree with you, and argue that - your structure will be decided. if you're hoping for more study help because you don't understand the issue, then ask that question. i think you do tho, assuming you've done your research, and are just second guessing yourself.
Katiemcn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joleee)
to me it sounds like you haven't researched enough on both sides or you're trying to figure out 'the right answer'. there is no right answer in law; only good arguments. if you know what you want to argue then you would know the structure of your essay. sorry, i realise that doesn't make a simple answer; but i would say you just have to make a personal opinion, find sources who agree with you, and argue that - your structure will be decided. if you're hoping for more study help because you don't understand the issue, then ask that question. i think you do tho, assuming you've done your research, and are just second guessing yourself.
Thank you having the reaffirmation that there is no simple right answer! That has given me my confidence to stop worrying and crack on!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (111)
51.39%
No (105)
48.61%

Watched Threads