Mum doesn't realise how much work university is

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am living at home and my mum and her boyfriend constantly irritate me as they disrupt me from being work as they keep obsesssing over cleaning, they make noise (my desk is in the living room/kitchen as my bedroom is too small to fit a desk), they put on the tv and are generally disruptive.

I am losing my patience with them as I want to do well in my degree. Multiple times I have brought up how much work there is at university and how it's continuous especially since I am doing 2 languages. In normal times I would be at the library all day instead of putting up with things like that but it's not an option.

My energy levels are low and I am struggling with motivation so what ever energy I have or motivation isn't used for my studies but dealing with difficult people.
kay2828
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a similar situation so I wake up earlier than everyone else to get some quieter time? Not sure if that's an option for you but it helped me
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could you study in your bedroom without a desk? Or, like the person above has suggested, could you study early in the morning/late at night? Is moving back into uni accommodation an option?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
Could you study in your bedroom without a desk? Or, like the person above has suggested, could you study early in the morning/late at night? Is moving back into uni accommodation an option?
I need a desk to write.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I need a desk to write.
You could lean on a thick book to write? Not idea but I have done that in desperate situations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (607)
49.19%
No (627)
50.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise