kay2828
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Does anyone know if these GCSEs are good enough to apply to Oxbridge with for a Theology and Religion degree?
6 in physics
7 in bio, chem, maths, fine art
8 in English lit, religious studies, French, history
9 in English language

My A-level courses are English, Sociology and Religion and I think I can get the grades I need for those, I am just worried that my GCSEs might not be good enough for Oxbridge standards
Last edited by kay2828; 8 months ago
dking2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Those grades are fine to apply with and your A level combination is also a good fit.

** You may wish to move this to either the Oxford, Cambridge or Oxbridge forums **
Last edited by dking2001; 8 months ago
kay2828
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by dking2001)
Those grades are fine to apply with and your A level combination is also a good fit.

** You may wish to move this to either the Oxford, Cambridge or Oxbridge forums **
Thank you! Those probably would have been better forums hahah I didn't see those when I had to pick one!
dking2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by kay2828)
Thank you! Those probably would have been better forums hahah I didn't see those when I had to pick one!
No worries. I should have said my answer is based upon the information I have found whilst my daughter was applying to study Theology Religion and the Philosophy of Religion at Cambridge. She is in her first year there at present. Good luck if you decide to apply.
Mazar00
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi! I applied to Oxford for theo and rel with 99998 and a few 6s and I'm predicted A*A*A*A. I was rejected and I know others who got in with lower grades than me. Im sure you'll be fine, go for it as there's nothing to lose. Just remember that the process is very very random and that doesnt reflect on how great you are.

Also I have 4 other amazing offers too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads