The Student Room Group

Applying to uni after a gap year

Hey guys. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of the process of applying to uni after a gap year? I have my a-levels and also will have 120 credits from open university by this summer, but if I take a year off from education will that impact my chances of getting in to uni for September 2022? I need a break badly after all this pandemic stuff. Just looking opinions bc I’m a bit all over the place atm haha

I also repeated a year of alevels cuz life sucks sometimes if that’s also relevant to this.

I could still apply for September 2021 but don’t think I’m ready and the thought kinda stresses me out with everything that’s going on. Dunno any opinions?
Yes, you can apply in the autumn, or at any time up to Jan 2022, for entry in Sept 2022.
Or you could apply now for a deferred place and have a gap year with the certainty of having a Uni place to go to.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Yes, you can apply in the autumn, or at any time up to Jan 2022, for entry in Sept 2022.
Or you could apply now for a deferred place and have a gap year with the certainty of having a Uni place to go to.

Sweet thanks for the reply ! Would universities wonder why I took a year off or will they not care much as long as I meet their entry requirements?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lolmaybe
Would universities wonder why I took a year off or will they not care much as long as I meet their entry requirements?

Its good to include briefly what you are doing in your gap year in your eventual PS, but you don't need to justify it any more than that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending