MO0NCHILDRM
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So i applied for a deferral (meaning i wont have a place this year but the one after) and i got an offer, i was thinking what happens if i accept it and change my mind next year (before i start studying there) , can i still reject it??what are the implications?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes, you can withdraw from that course/place at any point during your gap year.
You just email that Uni and tell them.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The only real implication is that you cannot apply elsewhere through UCAS whilst holding a deferred offer. Other than that you can just elect not to enrol next year without penalty.
MO0NCHILDRM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
The only real implication is that you cannot apply elsewhere through UCAS whilst holding a deferred offer. Other than that you can just elect not to enrol next year without penalty.
I see thank you, i dont think thats an issue because if i do wanna apply again through ucas ill just withdraw
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MO0NCHILDRM)
I see thank you, i dont think thats an issue because if i do wanna apply again through ucas ill just withdraw
Okay, if you go down that route make sure that the Uni knows what you want to do and just “releases” you from the deferred offer. “Withdrawing” means removing you from the application cycle entirely.
MO0NCHILDRM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay, if you go down that route make sure that the Uni knows what you want to do and just “releases” you from the deferred offer. “Withdrawing” means removing you from the application cycle entirely.
I'm confused at what you mean, what's the difference between getting released form the defeered offer and being withdrawn from the cycle, arent i losing the offer in both cases?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MO0NCHILDRM)
I'm confused at what you mean, what's the difference between getting released form the defeered offer and being withdrawn from the cycle, arent i losing the offer in both cases?
Yes. But ‘withdrawing’ in UCAS terminology means that you cannot use the the current application cycle again at all, (no new five applications, no Extra or Clearing).

If you reject your deferred offer once the the 21/22 cycle has begun, just explain that you want to be “released” as you wish to apply through UCAS in the current cycle.
MO0NCHILDRM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Yes. But ‘withdrawing’ in UCAS terminology means that you cannot use the the current application cycle again at all, (no new five applications, no Extra or Clearing).

If you reject your deferred offer once the the 21/22 cycle has begun, just explain that you want to be “released” as you wish to apply through UCAS in the current cycle.
oh thank you, youre a life saver!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (75)
4.73%
Uncertainty around my education (243)
15.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (224)
14.13%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.48%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (92)
5.8%
Loneliness (139)
8.77%
Financial worries (56)
3.53%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (71)
4.48%
Exposure to negative news/social media (76)
4.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (82)
5.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (137)
8.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (145)
9.15%

Watched Threads