S.A.M123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically I really want to do teaching in unihowever I applied for a mix of primary education with qts and education studies and I got accepted to a top university to do education studies however I don’t really understand how that will lead me to doing teaching I don’t get the course in general like I read the sites and all can someone please explain this to me and how I’m the course will allow me to go through teaching WITHOUT PGCE
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Simple answer - if you do a degree without QTS, you will then have to do a one year postgraduate PGCE after that to qualify as a teacher.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm a BA Education graduate
Feel free to ask me any questions.
A BSc course will probably have a bit more of a practical research focus than BA, and you may have more modules which focus on psychological aspects of learning than political or social contexts of education.

Read post #2 and #3 of this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4962352

It should answer most of the questions you have right now - if you need anything further, please quote me here and I'll do my best to help
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do Primary Teaching with QTS and Kingston Uni. Basically, with education studies you would have to do a PGCE after as it doesn't go as "in depth" with the actual teaching side - not as practical. Whereas a teaching course with QTS means you would be able to teach straight away after getting the degree as it lead to the qualification.

- Verity
Last edited by Kingston University; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.81%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.23%
Live streaming events (52)
7.98%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.05%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.47%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.47%