Pearly2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently in year 13 and going to uni this September for a graphic design course. I've already applied and I've gotten accepted but I'm having second thoughts on whether I want to do it in the future. I want to be a creative director but I don't know if it's the best choice for me. I'm thinking about the advertising aspect and how I don't want to "trick" people into buying random products because I've advertised it to them . I'm worried about the moral point of view. And also sometimes think who the hell looks at advertisements anyway? It's so pointless but at the same time I love designing and working on the projects that I'm doing.I just don't know what to do. Does anyone know any other ways I can make use of my hopefully future graphic design degree without it feeling morally wrong? But also a job that makes very good money?
PanicUsername
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You do realise that graphic design is more than just advertising and commercials right? It’s a pretty flexible degree. My sister studied it and is now a freelance illustrator and creative and recently worked with chilly’s bottles to create some really cool designs for them. It’s about how creative you can be with your degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (608)
49.11%
No (630)
50.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed