The Student Room Group

okay so im 17 and im jelous of my old bestfriend

i say old becuase we are not as close anymore. but basically we finished year 11 and went to the same college. So ditched me so fast and made a whole new group of friends who look so cool and they are already soo close. Ive tried making friends they are only school friends meaning we only talk in school when I text them on snap it seems forced. Ive made one friend and she lets me hang with her friend group but its obvi that I am severely the odd one out and don't belong. So that sucks. What else my old best friend is popular there she's thriving shes glowed up. Shes even becoming tiktok famous and building a platform and a community of people who are some cool teens. Shes still close with all our old friends. All our old friends leave me on delivered for weeks on snap. Anyways so I'm jealous, Im jealous that she has a whole new group of friends, while I have social anxiety and I'm depressed lol, Im mad that shes making internet friends aswell and the fact that shes gonna be famous. isisnt it really bad to be jealous your friend is thriving. I think its because at one point me and her where on the same level and now shes thriving whilst I'm still the same
As someone who has been through this whole process of seeing best friends change into people you don't even know following the entrance into college - I can assure you that things will get better and will work themselves out in the end because if that girl can just drop you like that then you didn't need her energy in your life! I know things seem rough right now and you feel outcast but I promise that you will thrive more in the long run. Fame means nothing, social media likes are fake and don't forget that what you see on social media is an extremely exaggerated version of the truth. My advice to you is to keep authentically being you and also to put yourself out there, find local groups to fulfil your interests, join groups online and make friends. The Student Room is a brilliant place to start but there's a whole world of people out there who are waiting to meet you and people who are just like you exist! I'm always around for a chat - not entirely sure how this whole website works yet but I'm getting to grips. Chin up and smile! It's not bad to be jealous, we're human we all get jealous at some point. Things will change for the better! :smile:
Original post by atmacca99
As someone who has been through this whole process of seeing best friends change into people you don't even know following the entrance into college - I can assure you that things will get better and will work themselves out in the end because if that girl can just drop you like that then you didn't need her energy in your life! I know things seem rough right now and you feel outcast but I promise that you will thrive more in the long run. Fame means nothing, social media likes are fake and don't forget that what you see on social media is an extremely exaggerated version of the truth. My advice to you is to keep authentically being you and also to put yourself out there, find local groups to fulfil your interests, join groups online and make friends. The Student Room is a brilliant place to start but there's a whole world of people out there who are waiting to meet you and people who are just like you exist! I'm always around for a chat - not entirely sure how this whole website works yet but I'm getting to grips. Chin up and smile! It's not bad to be jealous, we're human we all get jealous at some point. Things will change for the better! :smile:

yes thank you i would love to be your friend
Original post by Sadgirl23311
yes thank you i would love to be your friend

Sounds good to me, shoot me a message anytime - I'm attempting to be as active as possible around my college schedule! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
i say old becuase we are not as close anymore. but basically we finished year 11 and went to the same college. So ditched me so fast and made a whole new group of friends who look so cool and they are already soo close. Ive tried making friends they are only school friends meaning we only talk in school when I text them on snap it seems forced. Ive made one friend and she lets me hang with her friend group but its obvi that I am severely the odd one out and don't belong. So that sucks. What else my old best friend is popular there she's thriving shes glowed up. Shes even becoming tiktok famous and building a platform and a community of people who are some cool teens. Shes still close with all our old friends. All our old friends leave me on delivered for weeks on snap. Anyways so I'm jealous, Im jealous that she has a whole new group of friends, while I have social anxiety and I'm depressed lol, Im mad that shes making internet friends aswell and the fact that shes gonna be famous. isisnt it really bad to be jealous your friend is thriving. I think its because at one point me and her where on the same level and now shes thriving whilst I'm still the same

I completely understand how youre feeling and i'm kinda going thru a similar situation so i know thats its really hard but the way i'm kinda gettinf through it is by thinking that YOUR TIME WILL COME but trust me ik how hard it is and esp trying to make friends w covi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending