The Student Room Group

Bad teacher

Hi,
Does anyone have any advice on how to still get good grades when you have a bad teacher? In class my teacher wasn't the best and now we are online for school, things just seem to be getting worse. I try to teach myself as much as I can using my textbook but I don't think I can acheive the best grades by doing this. ( I'm in year 12 btw). Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :smile:
Original post by Loobydoo2
Hi,
Does anyone have any advice on how to still get good grades when you have a bad teacher? In class my teacher wasn't the best and now we are online for school, things just seem to be getting worse. I try to teach myself as much as I can using my textbook but I don't think I can acheive the best grades by doing this. ( I'm in year 12 btw). Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :smile:

Is it for a specific subject?
Reply 2
I’m in year 12 as well and my business teacher is the worst guy possible. He has no experience in teaching and the only reason that’s he’s allowed to be a teacher is because he opens his own business. Like wtf. He allocates most of his time for his private matters and he’s not even free to mark our assignments. And he never explains anything, I don’t think he even know what he’s supposed to be teaching (syllabus).
I had the same thing for chemistry - now im in yr13 with the same teacher

I tend to make notes from the text book then watch videos on YouTube if im not sure, then follow up with practice questions. I'm lucky in that they are quite oblivious so I can do that during class
Hi,

Sorry that you're found yourself in this situation.
Firstly, how bad are they? Do you have grounds to complain about them?
Secondly, what is the subject? Someone on here should be able to point you in the direction of some good resources.
Reply 5
Original post by Nelial
I’m in year 12 as well and my business teacher is the worst guy possible. He has no experience in teaching and the only reason that’s he’s allowed to be a teacher is because he opens his own business. Like wtf. He allocates most of his time for his private matters and he’s not even free to mark our assignments. And he never explains anything, I don’t think he even know what he’s supposed to be teaching (syllabus).

haha mine is business too! must be a subject wide thing :s-smilie:
Hi,

I'd speak to the school to let them know what's going on. Hopefully they can speak to the teacher and get things sorted.
With your studying, things like YouTube etc can be useful.

Quick Reply