Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm miserable, I don’t sleep, I'm rarely ever happy, everyone hates me, I have failed in life and I am just crap at everything I do. Im just a total failure. I just sit at home all day everyday then go to bed and my existence is pointless. I see everyone happy and I am just here like this. I have seen the doctors multiple times and they referred me onto therapy which was hopeless because they didn't understand, trust me I have tried it multiple times and they don't benefit me at all. I have no hobbies. People think im autistic in my area and everything.
username5517298
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm miserable, I don’t sleep, I'm rarely ever happy, everyone hates me, I have failed in life and I am just crap at everything I do. Im just a total failure. I just sit at home all day everyday then go to bed and my existence is pointless. I see everyone happy and I am just here like this. I have seen the doctors multiple times and they referred me onto therapy which was hopeless because they didn't understand, trust me I have tried it multiple times and they don't benefit me at all. I have no hobbies. People think im autistic in my area and everything.
Improve your life gradually, not all at once. If you try to improve everything all at once, you will fail, as you will find it too overwhelming. I am improving my life gradually, and it is very sustainable this way.

First, my sleep. I am 20, and all my life I have been only getting around 6 or 7 hours of sleep. Now, I give myself 10 hours of sleep, and it is so nice. I just tell myself, prior to sleeping, that I need 10 hours of sleep for muscle recovery, and after doing this for about a week, I naturally sleep for 10 hours.

Now, your hydration. I have been drinking only water as a liquid since the age of 15, and that of around 5 litres. However, I realised that I was going to damage my kidneys should I drink that much, and so now, I drink 500ml of water every 2 hours (I am awake for 14 hours and asleep for 10, and so that means I drink 1 litre of water every 2 hours up until around 3 or 4 hours before bed, where I just sip on it). Hydration is important for electrolyte balance, skin and pretty much everything.

Next, food. I am still working on this, but I have drastically reduced my processed food and sugar intake.

Personal hygiene; I aim for a cold shower every morning, oral care and skin care twice a day, and hair care once a day, while applying coconut oil every morning and night. I do miss quite a few days with personal hygiene (mainly the skin care, since I have run out of moisturiser and am having to use alternatives) but I am gradually getting there.

You need to improve your life in small steps, so that in the end, you will be a completely new person.

Hope that gave some light on the advice.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by therationalbeing)
Improve your life gradually, not all at once. If you try to improve everything all at once, you will fail, as you will find it too overwhelming. I am improving my life gradually, and it is very sustainable this way.

First, my sleep. I am 20, and all my life I have been only getting around 6 or 7 hours of sleep. Now, I give myself 10 hours of sleep, and it is so nice. I just tell myself, prior to sleeping, that I need 10 hours of sleep for muscle recovery, and after doing this for about a week, I naturally sleep for 10 hours.

Now, your hydration. I have been drinking only water as a liquid since the age of 15, and that of around 5 litres. However, I realised that I was going to damage my kidneys should I drink that much, and so now, I drink 500ml of water every 2 hours (I am awake for 14 hours and asleep for 10, and so that means I drink 1 litre of water every 2 hours up until around 3 or 4 hours before bed, where I just sip on it). Hydration is important for electrolyte balance, skin and pretty much everything.

Next, food. I am still working on this, but I have drastically reduced my processed food and sugar intake.

Personal hygiene; I aim for a cold shower every morning, oral care and skin care twice a day, and hair care once a day, while applying coconut oil every morning and night. I do miss quite a few days with personal hygiene (mainly the skin care, since I have run out of moisturiser and am having to use alternatives) but I am gradually getting there.

You need to improve your life in small steps, so that in the end, you will be a completely new person.

Hope that gave some light on the advice.
Cheers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (90)
38.14%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
24.15%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (29)
12.29%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise