Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Yes I’m so annoyed right now. So so so annoyed.

For my term 1 results, I got 56% then today we received our term 2 results, which I scored 12%.

So I sent him an email and he said for our finals in April I won’t be able to progress into year 2.

I told him I quit. I can’t stand this bull time and time again. 😭😭😭

They come up with all sort of excuses such as ‘you submitted your paper late’ so that’s another 10 marks deducted.

A teachers sister who’s in my year currently, she submitted ALL her papers late and she wrote it constantly on our group chat(I got evidence of this too) yet NONE of her marks are cut off.

I might sound like a drama Queen but I’ve honestly had enough of people treating me like rubbish. I let it slide but not anymore. I was working hard for my finals but what’s the point it they don’t know their basic maths? Flips sake.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe she's submitted ECs for her late papers. Why were yours late?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Maybe she's submitted ECs for her late papers. Why were yours late?
Mine weren’t late. Mine were submitted on time. Honestly I got proof for all of this and I have sent it off to them too.

She doesn’t have an EC. She said it explicitly on the group chat, that I hope they don’t cut off my marks. Yeah teachers flipping pet.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Mine weren’t late. Mine were submitted on time. Honestly I got proof for all of this and I have sent it off to them too.

She doesn’t have an EC. She said it explicitly on the group chat, that I hope they don’t cut off my marks. Yeah teachers flipping pet.
Submission time was 9:30. I submitted mine at 9:20 some at 9:15 pm.

None of which coincides with late submission. I flipping fed up. 😭😭😭
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Then I'd complain if they're unfairly docking marks. Refrain from talking about this other person, just makes you look petty even though I respect your frustration.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Then I'd complain if they're unfairly docking marks. Refrain from talking about this other person, just makes you look petty even though I respect your frustration.
I haven’t mentioned this incident to them for the reason you have given.

I’m sorry for snapping at you, this was meant to be a rant thread.

Another thing about this is we had to do orals. The second day of my orals(Sunday) it went bad I’m not going to lie, but the head cut me off without testing me on all my subjects. My cut off time was 2:30pm but he stopped me at 2:18pm as I was answering ‘I don’t know’ to one subject only he tested me on for that day.

Not suprisingly enough, he marked a 0 for the oral papers on Sunday.

I just don’t know what to do. I’ve explained this all to them on email, but I doubt I’ll get a reply as they very well know what they’re playing at.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t mentioned this incident to them for the reason you have given.

I’m sorry for snapping at you, this was meant to be a rant thread.

Another thing about this is we had to do orals. The second day of my orals(Sunday) it went bad I’m not going to lie, but the head cut me off without testing me on all my subjects. My cut off time was 2:30pm but he stopped me at 2:18pm as I was answering ‘I don’t know’ to one subject only he tested me on for that day.

Not suprisingly enough, he marked a 0 for the oral papers on Sunday.

I just don’t know what to do. I’ve explained this all to them on email, but I doubt I’ll get a reply as they very well know what they’re playing at.
My brother had a sort of similar situation with his initial university in that they treated him poorly. They eventually kicked him out, even though the SU was on his side. It sucks when this sort of crap happens. It worked out in the end though as the university he graduated with was much more appropriate!

If I was in your situation I'd take a step back for a bit. And then when you're feeling calmer, draft up an email to your SU and go from there. This is clearly unfair treatment going by what you've said, although I do believe this other person is sort of irrelevant to your personal situation if that makes sense, and she still may have ECs you don't know about.

This sounds like a horrific situation in terms of incredibly **** teaching standards quite frankly, no wonder you're so upset!

Be kind to yourself, OK? You're having a bad time, so you need to be gentle with yourself and try and figure out a way through this.

If you need to vent at all, I'm open to listening. I'm sorry things are so bad currently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (392)
32.24%
No (824)
67.76%

Watched Threads