Potentially caught cheating in uni exam

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically I sat an exam last week and it was online due to covid and we didn’t need to have our cameras on and the course director wants to speak to my entire class.

I could be wrong, but I’m assuming it may be to do with cheating because to be honest, who wouldn’t cheat?

What on earth am I meant to do? Can we deny it?
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically I sat an exam last week and it was online due to covid and we didn’t need to have our cameras on and the course director wants to speak to my entire class.

I could be wrong, but I’m assuming it may be to do with cheating because to be honest, who wouldn’t cheat?

I don't envy your situation but neither do I have any sympathy for you.
How many of you cheated?
If you admitted to it, you would risk being kicked off the course.
username4748324
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

How exactly did the cheating occur was it through sharing answers in a gc?
If it was cheating the uni would do a full investigation so if they find evidence, it wouldn't mean well for you guys tbh.
yeye21
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

how could they tell though? I really don't get it
15Characters...
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

You do not seem to explicitly confirm or deny whether you cheated. [Edit: actually, I guess the thread title is an admission of guilt?]

Your university will have guidelines on malpractice in exams, and you were likely made aware of them at some point before the exam. Lack of proctoring does not mean that these regulations did not apply, and it does not mean that you will be spared consequences if you broke them. It might however make it harder for them to prove you cheated. Ultimately you'll have to wait and see what they say to you. Your university will have procedures for dealing with cheating, and your student union can probably help you if claims are made against you.
Last edited by 15Characters...; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Please don't accept you cheated during the exam. whether they investigate or not accepting you commitment exam irregularities can have severe consequences depending on you institution's regulations.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago

You shouldn't be at university or deserve the piece of paper at the end of the day with your grade

If you were prepared there is no need to cheat, you clearly took advantage of the system and hopefully you are punished and released from university.

I don't feel sorry for you at all or anyone else who cheated. You simply don't deserve to be where you are at the moment, which is the sad truth
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean, I don’t cheat in tests when they’re at home. Perhaps if you didn’t either then you wouldn’t be having to worry now.
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How did you cheat?
chazwomaq
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I busted a bunch of students doing this in my exam last year. They got caught and punished.

Who wouldn't cheat? Honest people, that's who.
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I'd advise denying it and putting all of the claims to proof. However you should not mislead the hearing investigating your conduct. Do not give false testimony.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago

I feel you should be in prison, minimum 25 years with no bail and no early release for good behaviour
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It may be that they simply want to speak to the class to discuss the results of the exam if it's been marked very speedily. Obviously you are feeling some guilt over your cheating since you are immediately assuming it is about cheating and you may get in trouble (unless that was specifically said by them when calling the meeting, but since you didn't indicate that in your OP I assume not).

At the end of the day you can't change what you have done, so maybe look to learn from the experience (if not necessarily the outcome) of this. Ultimately by cheating on the exam, you get marks which are not representative of your knowledge, and the key takeaway from that is not "I got a grade I didn't deserve" but "I don't actually know all this material I should know".

The latter may well come back to bite you in the ass later down the line if you are doing another module which which just assumes you know all the content of this one to a high level, but you didn't actually understand it the first time round but because you cheated, you passed the module and went on without learning that stuff...
MajorFader
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chazwomaq)
I busted a bunch of students doing this in my exam last year. They got caught and punished.

Who wouldn't cheat? Honest people, that's who.
How? Through group chats?
chazwomaq
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MajorFader)
How? Through group chats?
Yup.
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel you should be in prison, minimum 25 years with no bail and no early release for good behaviour
This is sarcasm right? Even murderers don't often get that long a minimum tariff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.44%
Live streaming events (50)
8.67%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.36%
A uni comparison tool (134)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise