Memeology is a study not provided by universities. I am distraught.

Watch
complicatedmofo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The UCAS applications are due in on the 29th or something like that and although I have already selected courses for Psychology and Applied Golf Management, I don't think that is fulfilling enough for what I want to do in life. Memeology is a big marker with social media pages racking up thousands in ad revenue due to providing quality meme content, and I'm tired of trying to explain this market that will be booming in years to come to ignorant, old-fashioned people. I'm not trying to do a 9-5 for the rest of my life, I'm trying to follow my passions and dreams of producing top-tier featuring such legends that are Pepe the Frog, Wojak (The Doomer, Boomer, Coomer franchise), Roblox ouf sound and You know I had to do it to 'em. Now you laugh but I'll bet my last dollar someone out there right now is investing in this industry and will be laughing at all the people who criticize this industry in ten years for not taking it seriously enough. I do apologize, I do take the Memeology seriously and don't perceive this to be a laughing matter. My friends laugh at my proposals and call me a clown but their jaws will reach the bottom of the Pacific ocean when I'm cruising Oxford Street in my Tesla Truck in the distant future. Marilyn Monroe once said "if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” and this holds true in my situation. Let me leave you with a piece of advice, don't let these sheep in society with their sheep views and sheep haircuts dictate your life for you. Memeology is the future, you just watch.

- CM
moonrose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I definitely agree, Memeology is a respected and esteemed discipline. Universities should really get with the program and start offering us the courses we actually want.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If there's applied golf management is there theoretical golf management too :holmes:
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that is an acceptable reason to be distraught
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to get this trending on twitter. I am sure that twitter users will be able to see the inherent abilism, imperialism, racism and white supremacy that underpins universities ignoring the academic field of memeology.

I say start a petition!
Contact a group of professional protestors whilst your at it.

It is ludicrous that in the modern day universities spend invest millions of pounds worth of money in studying the inherently imperialist Romans, but refuse to even recognise memeology as an academic field. An unbalance of power.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure what subject these people do at uni but I've heard of people analysiing memes for their dissertation on tiktok :yep:
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just took an exam on the history of doge and the dab I did okay on the first part but I think I failed the second
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (392)
32.24%
No (824)
67.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise