blueberryj20
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi- I'm going to be needing a new laptop soon, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations specifically for the use in digital art- both 2d and 3d art btw. I use cspaint and blender, if that changes anything. Im not very good at computery stuff, so I'd really appreciate some advice thanks
Levi-Jai
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dell laptops are quite good, lightweight, small-ish and can hold a fair amount of storage
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blueberryj20)
Hi- I'm going to be needing a new laptop soon, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations specifically for the use in digital art- both 2d and 3d art btw. I use cspaint and blender, if that changes anything. Im not very good at computery stuff, so I'd really appreciate some advice thanks
Hi blueberryj20!

Have you spoken to your course leader?
They should be able to advise you best. Also, they'll be able to tell you what software you will be needing for the course and what this software works best on.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
onlytruejx68
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blueberryj20)
What's your budget?
blueberryj20
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by onlytruejx68)
What's your budget?
around £600? i know for a laptop that's not a very big budget, but it's what ive got.

also might be relevant to mention im not really fussed about things like touch screens, im mostly bothered about having a reasonably big screen, and mimimising lag/crashing when i have to work on a big file. i have a tablet i use for drawing that i connect to my laptop, and I'd need at least 3 usb slots (one for my tablet, one for my mouse, and one to have as a spare)
Last edited by blueberryj20; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.11%
Virtual campus tours/open days (132)
24.22%
Live streaming events (47)
8.62%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.54%
A uni comparison tool (127)
23.3%
An in-person event when available (121)
22.2%