Left Toe Rule
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone had experience with Product Design?
I currently have offers from Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Coventry (unconditional + BA) and Loughborough (industrial design).

From what it seems, L'boro has the best course and facilities, but I have concerns about the nightlife and I wouldn't be able to play ice hockey there - this is pretty important to me as I'd like to play in the British uni league.

NTU sounds good but I'm worried about the stigma that sometimes surrounds the uni.

I'm pretty confident with Leeds, but it's my highest offer, AAA - am confident I can get A*AB + have an A in EPQ so not sure if this is good enough or not. The only issue with Leeds is the course seems to have a relatively low student satisfaction rate - haven't been able to look at the facilities either as covid. The engineering (mechanical) do the product design course and so I'm not sure if it's good or not, seeing mixed reviews online. Have a family member who told me the mech eng facilities as Leeds were a bit dated but that doesn't bother me too much.
Both NTU and Leeds have everything I want, but L'boro sounds like it's better academically.

Can anyone help me? Or does anyone have personal experience with each uni / course?

Thanks
Loughborough Student Community
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Left Toe Rule)
Has anyone had experience with Product Design?
I currently have offers from Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Coventry (unconditional + BA) and Loughborough (industrial design).

From what it seems, L'boro has the best course and facilities, but I have concerns about the nightlife and I wouldn't be able to play ice hockey there - this is pretty important to me as I'd like to play in the British uni league.

NTU sounds good but I'm worried about the stigma that sometimes surrounds the uni.

I'm pretty confident with Leeds, but it's my highest offer, AAA - am confident I can get A*AB + have an A in EPQ so not sure if this is good enough or not. The only issue with Leeds is the course seems to have a relatively low student satisfaction rate - haven't been able to look at the facilities either as covid. The engineering (mechanical) do the product design course and so I'm not sure if it's good or not, seeing mixed reviews online. Have a family member who told me the mech eng facilities as Leeds were a bit dated but that doesn't bother me too much.
Both NTU and Leeds have everything I want, but L'boro sounds like it's better academically.

Can anyone help me? Or does anyone have personal experience with each uni / course?

Thanks
Hi Left Toe Rule,

Congratulations on your offers! I didn't study Product Design, however I have studied my undergraduate and postgraduate degree at Loughborough, so hopefully I can offer some insight into life at Loughborough!

In regard to Loughborough, at night the Students Unions turns into not just 1, but 3 different nightclubs (Room 1, Fusion and Cogs), making it the biggest nightclub in the East Midlands! Each one has a different theme so there really is something for everyone. There are also options for nightclubs in town, such as Echo's, Firefly and Revolution along with different pubs and bars. Leicester and Nottingham are also a very short trip away so if you ever fancy a change of scene, you can still experience night life in a city. I only went to Nottingham once or twice in my 4 years though because I enjoyed the nightlife that Loughborough had to offer!

I hope this helps - if you have questions, I'm more than happy help!
Ella
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (372)
32.07%
No (788)
67.93%

Watched Threads