MvcLaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m starting to think about my dissertation for next year in criminal law. I want to do something related to sexual violence, treatment of victims in the English legal system or female offending.

Does anyone have any other ideas I should consider relating to these themes?
Whoanon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you got any idea how you wanted to collect the data? Questionnaires? Could you look at the perception of those type of crimes with the public for example wether people have different judgments depending if they are female or male. It could be quite interesting in terms of sexual violence possibly
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
if it were me i'd be trying to come up with a topic i have the most knowledge on as it just makes life easier in terms of research, you probably have opinions on it already, and it's probably something you enjoy. the three ideas mentioned in the op are extremely broad, too broad to give further advice on as even just the topic of sexual violence could range from domestic abuse and coercive control, the meaning of consent, HIV or gender disclosure, evidence in rape trials, or reform of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and what that would that look like (and even then all those ideas would need to be broken down). if i were you atm (which obvs not) i would be thinking about what's 'wrong' with the law or the system in your view. what criticisms do you know exist and/or recent controversial cases.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (126)
53.62%
No (109)
46.38%

Watched Threads