The Student Room Group

bad grade

So...I just got my English mock grade back and it wasn't good, it was 2 grades below what I expected. I was consistently getting 7s and 8s and then suddenly I got a 6. I had never got a 6 in English. I know a 6 isn't bad but with the way things are with exams it isn't looking good. English is important for me and I don't know what to do about it. I tried really hard but I didn't expect to get a 6. They used the 2017 paper which a few people had already done and I don't know if that inflated the grades or if mine was just bad...
I really hope the government clears things up because I want to prove that I can get higher. I know I can but my teacher just doesn't have any evidence and with English being one of my weakest subjects it's not something I can quickly revise. The worst thing is I don't even know what I messed up.
watch a yt vid showing someone going through a practice paper(s) for english it helped me realise what to do and helped me understand to answer Q1-Q4 with ease for english language- seeing someone going through it is really useful give it a shot
Reply 2
Original post by HelloZello
watch a yt vid showing someone going through a practice paper(s) for english it helped me realise what to do and helped me understand to answer Q1-Q4 with ease for english language- seeing someone going through it is really useful give it a shot

Thank you, I think I need to just move on and try forming a habit of practicing English. I will definitely watch videos of that. I think I wasn't really prepared for the question I got and need to practice more of them. Hopefully, I will improve.
Original post by Snigdha02
Thank you, I think I need to just move on and try forming a habit of practicing English. I will definitely watch videos of that. I think I wasn't really prepared for the question I got and need to practice more of them. Hopefully, I will improve.

you're gonna improve mate just practice and see where you went wrong/what you need to add and just practice and try not to do the same mistakes again and you're good,English Lit-just practice key quotes and instead of going to your notes just try remember the key quotes and the subject terminology and their effects etc and practice the questions that you are weakest at to improve the most- no point doing questions you're already comfortable with in general in gcse good luck

Quick Reply

Latest