The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

How well regarded is Aber for Postgrad IR?

Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of research on returning to university to do a masters in Politics & IR (even though my bachelor's was in accounting).

I've decided to go back to uni to study a Masters Degree in the Politics & IR area, and have narrowed down my choices to Aberystwyth and Cardiff.

I've heard good things about IR at Aberystwyth, but thought I'd ask anyway, how well regarded is Aber for postgrad IR both in the UK and internationally?

Also, what is the employability like for students who have completed this masters, any examples of what kind of careers they've gone on to have?
(edited 3 years ago)
Aber is regarded highly internationally and in the UK for IR, particularly in research. Personally i would go for Aber but I dont know a lot about postgrad so i am going to tag @Aberystwyth University and hopefully this bumps the thread for you.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Hi @snowtruck

I am a current 3rd year undergraduate student here at Aberystwyth University and I am really enjoying studying here.

The quality of teaching here in the Department of International politics has been judged by the Higher Education Funding Council of the United Kingdom to be ‘Excellent’. The Department of International politics is in the top 10 in the UK for Teaching Quality and Student Experience for the subject of Politics (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019). The Department has an excellent academic record for research, with 76% of the publications submitted by the Department judged to be in the top two categories (world leading and internationally excellent), International Politics at Aberystwyth University was ranked 7th in all departments of Politics and International Relations, and was placed best in Wales with 69% of publications submitted rated as world leading.

The department is holding a webinar on 12/02/21 for prospective postgraduate students to learn more about MA study opportunities. More information can be found here.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any futher questions 😊

Rebecca
Reply 3
Hi, What are the career prospects after studying Masters in IR and do you know what's the graduate employability rate?

Quick Reply

Latest