Jasminemitchryan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi just wanting to know who’s got an offer for vet med at Liverpool (or other unis)!
Advertisement
sgeorgina820
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jasminemitchryan)
Hi just wanting to know who’s got an offer for vet med at Liverpool (or other unis)!
Hey! I have an offer for Liverpool for 2022 and also Surrey and Harper/Keele for 2021. I just have no idea which one I am going to choose!!
Jasminemitchryan
Rep:
?
Wow well done, I’ve got offers for Surrey and notts as well but I think I’m leaning towards Liverpool
VetStudent10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats on your Liverpool offers! Liv 1st year here if you have any questions!!
Jasminemitchryan
Rep:
?
Thank you! Do you have any recommendations on what accommodation to apply to? Does greenbank feel to far from the main campus etc?
Advertisement
RambleAmple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I've got an offer for this September at Liverpool I haven't got any offers so far, interviewed with Notts and Glasgow and HK I hadn't got an interview but withdrew from because I knew I would 100% not choose it over Liverpool so didn't want to waste time/possibly block someone else getting in. I get unconditional offers since I'm a reapplicant and already have my grades!
Jasminemitchryan
Rep:
?
Wow well done, must be good to have unconditional like no need to stress anymore!
Advertisement
RambleAmple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow well done, must be good to have unconditional like no need to stress anymore!
Honestly it is a great relief! Last year I just didn't get any vet med offers so decided to reapply, I do feel like it was a bit of a blessing in disguise with the whole situation of the world and obviously applying I only needed to worry about getting offers rather than grades at the end too. Is Liverpool your favourite?
Jasminemitchryan
Rep:
?
Yeah hopefully it’ll be much better starting uni this sep. and yeah Liverpool’s my top choice 😊
Advertisement
Lucyyy17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sgeorgina820)
Hey! I have an offer for Liverpool for 2022 and also Surrey and Harper/Keele for 2021. I just have no idea which one I am going to choose!!
Hi! Did you apply for deferred entry for Liverpool or were you “on hold”? I am currently “on hold” (waiting for Liverpool to confirm if my offer will be for 2021 entry or 2022) and they said it might not be until April that we find out and I was just wondering if they had let some people know already?
TheWannabeFarmer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! Do you have any recommendations on what accommodation to apply to? Does greenbank feel to far from the main campus etc?
Most vets when I was a fresher went for either Philharmonic halls or Crown Place (I stayed in Crown)

Crown is literally across the road from most of the lectures and practicals - you have to apply early to get a spot though. They do give priority to vets there but again it depends how late you apply as to if you will get a place as this is typically the most popular for vet students.

I do know some who lived in Greenbank but having to travel in everyday was an absolute drag for them - although it will become your reality when you end up in Smithdown/Kensington anyway so I guess its just an additional year of that.
Advertisement
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheWannabeFarmer)
Most vets when I was a fresher went for either Philharmonic halls or Crown Place (I stayed in Crown)

Crown is literally across the road from most of the lectures and practicals - you have to apply early to get a spot though. They do give priority to vets there but again it depends how late you apply as to if you will get a place as this is typically the most popular for vet students.

I do know some who lived in Greenbank but having to travel in everyday was an absolute drag for them - although it will become your reality when you end up in Smithdown/Kensington anyway so I guess its just an additional year of that.
Crown was seven times oversubscribed last year, so really do be sure to get in early.
VetStudent10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I stay in Crown and love it! It’s close to everything and easy to get to practicals and near town! I’ve also heard that Vine/Melville are really good too and they are close to campus as well! For this year the Greenbank buses don’t really matter as most is online. I’ve heard Greenbank has a great social life but it is very far away, most people move out that way in 2nd/3rd year anyways so it depends if you want that morning bus just now or later. I guess it depends on your budget and what you want in a room, e.g Melville has no ensuites, Vine is the only halls that offers catered as far as I’m aware. So it’s really just what you want out of halls
Advertisement
Zara.Carroll
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I got an offer for Liverpool 2021 and it’s currently my first choice
catherinethoma9
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I have an offer for Liverpool 2021 and it’s my first choice

(Original post by Zara.Carroll)
Hi, I got an offer for Liverpool 2021 and it’s currently my first choice
Me too! Congratulations
Darcy_0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm a 3rd year Biovet at Liverpool at the moment and on hold for a place in the vet school . In 1st year I stayed at Greenbank and loved it! Yes on cold, wet days getting the bus is annoying but the social life at greenbank was amazing and it's really nice to be close to the parks to have a bit of greenery around you, plus you're just a quick walk to some really nice cafes. Having a gym membership included in the rent is useful and as I visited friends in all of the uni accommodations I found that greenbank had the largest communal space and I think the showers in the ensuites are a bit bigger but can't quite remember now . The taxi's into town (if you're not feeling the bus on a night out) are only £10-15 (sometimes less depending on time/day) so splitting it between 3+ people isn't too bad. However, I think greenbank is one of the more pricey self-catered accommodations and on top of that the bus pass is about £350 for the year (you can use any bus in liverpool as many times as you like with it though). It wasn't my first choice of accommodation but I definitely enjoyed my time there, plus if you join a society a lot of the 2nd and 3rd years live close by so it can be easier to get to pre's/ socials
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%