If I switch unis now will I be billed another £9,000?

Watch
IAmTheMilkman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
First year current course, switched courses last year and so used up my gift year. I need to transfer unis so will I be charged another 9k?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you starting from year one again?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IAmTheMilkman)
First year current course, switched courses last year and so used up my gift year. I need to transfer unis so will I be charged another 9k?
Why do you need to transfer universities?
Will you be transferring into Yr 2 or Yr 1 of the new university?
Why did you switch last year?

You're charged £9k (ish) for every year - the question is whether you'll be able to get a tuition fee loan to cover that cost or whether you'll need to find the money from your own funds.
IAmTheMilkman
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Why do you need to transfer universities?
Will you be transferring into Yr 2 or Yr 1 of the new university?
Why did you switch last year?

You're charged £9k (ish) for every year - the question is whether you'll be able to get a tuition fee loan to cover that cost or whether you'll need to find the money from your own funds.
The workload on my course is almost non-existent. It's my first year of this course to clarify, but I still think the fact that I was able to finish my coursework for the whole week in 2 HOURS is unacceptable. Coupled with the fact that our 6 hours lecture time has now been cut down to 4 to give us "more time to write".

I'd hope to transfer to the second year of the new course so I wouldn't be lumped with another 9k, because I'm not sure if I can afford it. But it seriously looks like the alternative for me is dropping out. I'm not paying 9k for 4 hours of lectures a week, I'm just not.

Last year I switched because I wanted a change in careers basically.
IAmTheMilkman
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Are you starting from year one again?
I have no idea if they'll let me start at year 2, but I'm praying that they will. I haven't contacted them about it yet as I'm not sure who to go through.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have no idea if they'll let me start at year 2, but I'm praying that they will. I haven't contacted them about it yet as I'm not sure who to go through.
If you transfer to year two of a new course then your student finance will cover you, if you have to start again from year one then you’d be a year short for your tuition fees so you would need to fund it yourself.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1781424 explains how to arrange a transfer. You'll need to apply soon for many universities, meet the 1st yr standard entry requirements and have compatible modules between the two courses (as judged by the new university - usually after you apply).

With so little time before the deadline I suggest you RING your preferred universities and speak to your tutor ASAP to arrange a reference (and get your UCAS application done and sorted)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise