SparkleFace
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey!! Who has taken it knows of the most uncommon and strange alevels?
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
AS Astronomy was a thing, back in the good old days (I think).
CHINA first_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I took AS Ancient History
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No doubt something like Ancient Greek.
SparkleFace
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
AS Astronomy was a thing, back in the good old days (I think).
I would’ve loved to an alevel in astronomy, doesn’t exist anymore tho

(Original post by CHINA first_)
I took AS Ancient History
If my college offered it I would’ve took it. I prefer it more than recent history
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've heard of people doing Arabic. That's not very common.
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think mostly languages. So you can do as stated above an A level in Arabic or Greek, Hebrew and Turkish. You can also do Welsh or Irish which is obviously more common in Wales or Ireland (ik they are not that uncommon but no one takes them outside of Wales or Ireland really and i think they are pretty cool A levels).

You used to be able to do a Cornish A level (or equivalent) but i dont think that exists anymore which is quite sad.

You can do world development. Journalism, product design and Artificial intelligence are A levels.

Havent done any of these, just had a discussion with my friends not that long ago so we looked up a couple and found out AI was available.
Last edited by something_orphic; 1 month ago
SparkleFace
Rep:
?
(Original post by something_orphic)
i think mostly languages. So you can do as stated above an A level in Arabic or Greek, Hebrew and Turkish. You can also do Welsh or Irish which is obviously more common in Wales or Ireland (ik they are not that uncommon but no one takes them outside of Wales or Ireland really and i think they are pretty cool A levels).

You used to be able to do a Cornish A level (or equivalent) but i dont think that exists anymore which is quite sad.

You can do world development. Journalism, product design and Artificial intelligence are A levels.

Havent done any of these, just had a discussion with my friends not that long ago so we looked up a couple and found out AI was available.
Ah that’s pretty cool! Pretty unfortunate for the Cornish Alevel tho
My college actually does product design but AI and journalism sound interesting
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SparkleFace)
Ah that’s pretty cool! Pretty unfortunate for the Cornish Alevel tho
My college actually does product design but AI and journalism sound interesting
It is sad idk. I dont think you can even do the GCSE at normal schools now (ik it existed bc my aunts and uncles did it). I believe you can get a GCSE equivalent qualification from the council if you sit some tests and pay for them yourself. I kinda hope they come back but they probably wont.

I feel like our college offers very basic A levels but i guess thats just down to the lack of teachers (they cant even get enough business teachers).

AI i think sounds the coolest but i wouldnt mind taking journalism as an A level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.44%
Live streaming events (50)
8.67%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.36%
A uni comparison tool (134)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.18%