Cancelled order still delivered

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I ordered an item from a large retailer in the range £400-600. There was problems with delivery and it eventually said the delivery company has cancelled delivery. I contacted the retailer and have received a refund but the item has also now been delivered.
What should I do? The money would be very helpful to me but morally, I think the right thing to do is to return it. The retailer is also very large and it seems to be a technical error on their side.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The best thing to do would be to ring them in the morning.

If you wish to keep the item, paying for it again over the phone might be a possibility.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
The best thing to do would be to ring them in the morning.

If you wish to keep the item, paying for it again over the phone might be a possibility.
This occurred a few days ago. I no longer have the item as it was a present for someone but I have just been refunded for it today.
When I view my orders, it still says the item is undelivered as well but that the order has been cancelled, however, I want to do the moral thing.
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This occurred a few days ago. I no longer have the item as it was a present for someone but I have just been refunded for it today.
When I view my orders, it still says the item is undelivered as well but that the order has been cancelled, however, I want to do the moral thing.
Does the website allow you to send a message about an order or speak to someone via online chat?
Anonymous #1
Does the website allow you to send a message about an order or speak to someone via online chat?
yes you can call them. I'll try tomorrow or Thursday but the company have no verification that the item has been delivered so I'm not sure if they'll accept me cancelling my refund.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I ordered an item from a large retailer in the range £400-600. There was problems with delivery and it eventually said the delivery company has cancelled delivery. I contacted the retailer and have received a refund but the item has also now been delivered.
What should I do? The money would be very helpful to me but morally, I think the right thing to do is to return it. The retailer is also very large and it seems to be a technical error on their side.
oh damn try and send it back! ask them to pay shipping lol. Something similar happened to me with a Vans backpack and I didn't realise it was coming from Germany so I cancelled it thinking it wouldn't arrive. Turns out the neighbors across the road had it! I ended up keeping it in the end
Anonymous #1
oh damn try and send it back! ask them to pay shipping lol. Something similar happened to me with a Vans backpack and I didn't realise it was coming from Germany so I cancelled it thinking it wouldn't arrive. Turns out the neighbors across the road had it! I ended up keeping it in the end
I no longer have the item so all that could be done is they cancel my refund. If it was a small business, I'd definitely let them know but it is a very large business so I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll just ring them and see what they say.
Anonymous #1
bump
CletusPotter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If ringing them up doesn't work, then I'd suggest writing to them and making an offer to pay them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CletusPotter)
If ringing them up doesn't work, then I'd suggest writing to them and making an offer to pay them.
Hi thank you all for your advice. I called them and asked them to cancel my refund as it has been delivered but they said that it was fine and that I didn't owe them the money.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi thank you all for your advice. I called them and asked them to cancel my refund as it has been delivered but they said that it was fine and that I didn't owe them the money.
Currys by any chance?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IWMTom)
Currys by any chance?
It was Very actually
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (458)
51.4%
No (433)
48.6%

Watched Threads