jk479
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If I drop out now, will this affect me getting accepted into a another masters if I apply again for the next academic year?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Is there a reason for your thoughts about possibly dropping out?
jk479
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Is there a reason for your thoughts about possibly dropping out?
Not enjoying the course so not really feeling as if I'm getting much out of it, stress/anxiety from home learning in covid restrictions sort of thing
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jk479)
Not enjoying the course so not really feeling as if I'm getting much out of it, stress/anxiety from home learning in covid restrictions sort of thing
How much longer do you have to go?
jk479
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
How much longer do you have to go?
Until Sept/October time
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What fields are your current and prospective masters in?
Have you thought about funding ok?
jk479
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
What fields are your current and prospective masters in?
Have you thought about funding ok?
The current one is Clinical Psychology, but I'm not sure what my prospective course would be in
I haven't looked much into funding, but I am guessing I would get some money back for this year if I don't complete it
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jk479)
The current one is Clinical Psychology, but I'm not sure what my prospective course would be in
I haven't looked much into funding, but I am guessing I would get some money back for this year if I don't complete it
If it’s SFE you won’t get a second funded unless you withdraw with CPR just FYI.
If you’re going for a similar masters they are going to ask the question of why drop out of this one-if it’s a different path then they will wonder how committed you will be to it-so it partially depends on the competitive of the course whether dropping out will be held against you.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 3 months ago
jk479
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
If it’s SFE you won’t get a second funded unless you withdraw with CPR just FYI.
If you’re going for a similar masters they are going to ask the question of why drop out of this one-if it’s a different path then they will wonder how committed you will be to it-so it partially depends on the competitive of the course whether dropping out will be held against you.
Would mental health be a CPR?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jk479)
Would mental health be a CPR?
https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/...ing_1617_d.pdf
Quiet Benin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jk479)
I study psychology masters as well. it's a horrible course. Only went back to study a masters at uni due to covid, i don't need a masters so I'm going to drop out around the summer as my course ends in september too.

I could drop out now but with losing yet another job due to lockdown and nothing to do, i'm just sticking with to kill time.

You won't get a refund i think (as i have been told) but if you want to start another masters, it depends on your five year student finance. If u did 3 years of undergraduate study, then this masters your currently in then, you have one more year of student finance. If not then i'm not really sure what funding you can get.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
9.14%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (123)
62.44%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (27)
13.71%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (25)
12.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
2.03%

Watched Threads