aysh2626
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, I know you are all stressed with your applications & waiting for offers (if you are applying in 2021) but I was just wondering if I could get other opinions on a bit of a dilemma I am in.
I am about to send my UCAS off soon ( I know I'm late, blame my school) but I was thinking:

Do you reckon it would be better if I got an offer, for example, from Nottingham for Law, to do that in September, or take a non-law subject from, an example again, KCL instead?
I am only thinking that I might have a greater chance of getting into a 'more prestigious' uni (not that I personally believe there is any difference, but my parents do) and with all of us having to do the SQE anyway, it would look better to firms if I graduated from a more respected uni?

Does anyone have any thoughts because I am genuinely stuck and my school or parents aren't that helpful at all?
Thank you!
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check out Ali Obeid on YT. He’s in law now but did a non-law degree, so he has some videos on that perspective
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nottingham is still a decent university for law.

I wouldn't go about changing your future plans literally based on university prestige, because it's likely to make very little impact in comparison to your degree grade and other extra curriculars.

Study something you enjoy, in a place that you enjoy - This is more likely to make an impact on your overall degree and how you perform, more so than you might think.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
how have you come to the conclusion that there is a difference between Nottingham and KCL and that one is more respected?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (359)
31.91%
No (766)
68.09%

Watched Threads