sad that trump is going

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm not a Trump supporter, far from it actually. But I'm really sad about the fact he is leaving. I think its because I'm afraid of growing up. Everything is changing around me and he was that one constant and now he's gone. I know this sounds very peculiar but I can't explain why I'm so sad he's going. I don't like the man when I think of him I'm so repulsed I feel nauseous. But I'm sad he's going and won't return. I don't know why I feel this way but I need it stop and want to snap out of it :/
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you support Biden? If so, try to focus on the positive of that.
username5517298
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm not a Trump supporter, far from it actually. But I'm really sad about the fact he is leaving. I think its because I'm afraid of growing up. Everything is changing around me and he was that one constant and now he's gone. I know this sounds very peculiar but I can't explain why I'm so sad he's going. I don't like the man when I think of him I'm so repulsed I feel nauseous. But I'm sad he's going and won't return. I don't know why I feel this way but I need it stop and want to snap out of it :/
Me too!!! I hate growing up sometimes; the comfort zone of things always being the same makes me feel happy for some reason. In fact, I just watched some YouTube videos of the Power Rangers cast from many years ago and how they look now, and it made me so sad. It is like, I hope they still remember the series they filmed, but some of them look like they have completely moved on in life, which is understandable, but upsetting. Idk, I am quite greedy with emotions, and I just want life to be simple. But yeah, I also feel sad that Trump is going. Despite his handling of the pandemic, which was his final straw, his policies and handling of the economy was excellent, so much so that the US has its lowest unemployment rate prior to the pandemic in a very long time, and the US economy overall was so good just before the virus took over. Trump is also very entertaining, and I believe his liking and ratings will shoot up now that he does not have the pressure of president over his shoulders anymore. People liked Trump a lot before his presidency, and I believe things will go back to that state.
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Feel that tbh.

I remember when David Cameron left and how weird I felt for a week or so after because my interest in politics/current affairs had started with him about. Same with leaving the EU and other major events you don't want to grasp the extent of the change because of getting used to certain aspects.

Like therationalbeing I like sometimes looking at videos of things from my childhood/years ago and yearning for those times again. It's part of life, but sometimes even repulsive beings like Trump are tied to a cultural background which probably contain many fond personal memories for people.
Last edited by TJ1997; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ha, I've seen three of these presidents and four prime ministers come and go now, technically five but I'm too young to remember John Major, you get used to it.
darrenb12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Watching trump was the only good thing about the world past few months / year lol, Shame he's gone
username5517298
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TJ1997)
Feel that tbh.

I remember when David Cameron left and how weird I felt for a week or so after because my interest in politics/current affairs had started with him about. Same with leaving the EU and other major events you don't want to grasp the extent of the change because of getting used to certain aspects.

Like therationalbeing I like sometimes looking at videos of things from my childhood/years ago and yearning for those times again. It's part of life, but sometimes even repulsive beings like Trump are tied to a cultural background which probably contain many fond personal memories for people.
Indeed. It was because of Trump that I now know more about American politics than ever before. I cannot believe how ignorant of the world I was before Trump came into power. I never knew anything about politics or anything; I was useless. Now, I feel so much more educated and aware. To give an example, I remember watching the Top Gear USA special where they decorated their cars with offensive slogans to see who would get killed first haha. James May said how the area they were driving in was "deep Republican territory" and how "Hillary was the Anti-Christ" of the deep south. When I was younger, that statement simply flew by me. Now, I cannot believe how I did not know about Republicans and Democrats. Now, all of the "adult" statements that I heard from TV makes so much sense now, and it was thanks to Trump that my interest in politics is greater than ever.
Last edited by username5517298; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
Do you support Biden? If so, try to focus on the positive of that.
no I think he's a lunatic - "poor kids are just as smart as white kids" - but all American politicians seem to be bizarre and creepy. quite liked Jo Jorgensen personally.

(Original post by therationalbeing)
Me too!!! I hate growing up sometimes; the comfort zone of things always being the same makes me feel happy for some reason. In fact, I just watched some YouTube videos of the Power Rangers cast from many years ago and how they look now, and it made me so sad. It is like, I hope they still remember the series they filmed, but some of them look like they have completely moved on in life, which is understandable, but upsetting. Idk, I am quite greedy with emotions, and I just want life to be simple. But yeah, I also feel sad that Trump is going. Despite his handling of the pandemic, which was his final straw, his policies and handling of the economy was excellent, so much so that the US has its lowest unemployment rate prior to the pandemic in a very long time, and the US economy overall was so good just before the virus took over. Trump is also very entertaining, and I believe his liking and ratings will shoot up now that he does not have the pressure of president over his shoulders anymore. People liked Trump a lot before his presidency, and I believe things will go back to that state.
in my younger years I always kept up with politics especially Brexit I still remember the day of the vote. now all these events have passed I feel nostalgic and sad though I have no reason to be. only thing I liked about him at all was that he was non interventionist the world could really do with less wars. he's funny but he needs serious help. like I said above all American politicians seem to be bizarre and creepy to me.

(Original post by TJ1997)
Feel that tbh.

yeah thats exactly how I feel. its perhaps a result of living in a modernized and hyper politicized world. eventually all of this will be a memory of the past and I know that I should let go and move on.

(Original post by ROTL94)
Ha, I've seen three of these presidents and four prime ministers come and go now, technically five but I'm too young to remember John Major, you get used to it.
yes I hope to get used to it too :/ Brexit has already happened too so now I just feel empty haha. I quite like watching major political events unfold.

(Original post by darrenb12345)
Watching trump was the only good thing about the world past few months / year lol, Shame he's gone
I don't know about that I mean he became increasingly unpopular over the past year.

(Original post by therationalbeing)
It was because of Trump that I now know more about American politics than ever before. I cannot believe how ignorant of the world I was before Trump came into power. I never knew anything about politics or anything; I was useless. Now, I feel so much more educated and aware. Now, all of the "adult" statements that I heard from TV makes so much sense now, and it was thanks to Trump that my interest in politics is greater than ever.
kinda agree with you tbh. I became interested in politics because of Brexit/Trump. I watched a lot of documentaries and researched wondering who is this egomaniac who has changed history. I don't think I would have cared at all if it wasn't for those two events or have even considered doing politics A level and spent so much time listening to podcasts and watching the news. it won't be the same now. but life moves on with or without him. and he's meaningless compared to the whole universe. eventually he will be forgotten just another name in the history books.
IlikeDonerKebab
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
now you have a 78 year old as a president. who has gran gran children.

this is a joke dont kill me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by qwertuyuyuy)

he's very old and often rambles incoherently. maybe he will surprise us and not be that bad. wonder if he will last for 2 entire terms. hope he puts in environmentally friendly policies I heard he's canceling the keystone pipeline which is good.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no I think he's a lunatic - "poor kids are just as smart as white kids" - but all American politicians seem to be bizarre and creepy. quite liked Jo Jorgensen personally.
Wow, he said that? I try to stay out of politics at this point because I don't agree with either Trump or Biden. I think what Trump did for the US was good, but he is so arrogant. Whereas Biden has the slightest idea of what he's doing but is very nice and pleasing.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by qwertuyuyuy)

I keep hearing/seeing jokes about Biden's age, but have we forgotten Trump is only 4 years younger?!
Akuma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He'll return. The next four years are going to be disastrous for the economy. Who'd want to be president during that? And who are Americans going to want in four year time but the man with the proven track record on the economy. It's all part of the plan. Don't worry
beneficialgirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m not
Dapper Frog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He can’t return. He’s been impeached, meaning he can’t rerun for office
Akuma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dapper Frog)
He can’t return. He’s been impeached, meaning he can’t rerun for office
Their case is based on taking accepted figures of speech like "fight this" and "be strong" as incitement to inssurection. A ten year old could win that argument.
Gilo200
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
trump will be missed in my eyes, the radical left and woke mob won't be missing him lmao, now the dark times are coming in the next 4 years when minorities don't get what they were promised
IlikeDonerKebab
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I keep hearing/seeing jokes about Biden's age, but have we forgotten Trump is only 4 years younger?!
oh wow he is.didnt know sry
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Wow, he said that? I try to stay out of politics at this point because I don't agree with either Trump or Biden. I think what Trump did for the US was good, but he is so arrogant. Whereas Biden has the slightest idea of what he's doing but is very nice and pleasing.
that's fair and yes every US president has demons. maybe Biden will surprise me and do astonishing things in the future. agreed - Trump is egotistical. I know you don't keep up with it much but watching Trump and Biden ramble incoherently is quite entertaining.

(Original post by Akuma)
He'll return. The next four years are going to be disastrous for the economy. Who'd want to be president during that? And who are Americans going to want in four year time but the man with the proven track record on the economy. It's all part of the plan. Don't worry
(Original post by Gilo200)
trump will be missed in my eyes, the radical left and woke mob won't be missing him lmao, now the dark times are coming in the next 4 years when minorities don't get what they were promised
don't think i share these views but we'll see what happens next.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why do i feel compelled to feel the same way :banghead:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (402)
52.21%
No (368)
47.79%

Watched Threads