The Student Room Group

History and politics students 2021

I’ve applied for HisPol at Edinburgh! It’s one of my absolute favourites too (Edinburgh and St Andrews swap places constantly on which is my favourite). Applied on 9th Nov and still haven’t heard, although that was expected as I know Edinburgh takes ages I’m still v nervous aha. Where else have u applied?
Original post by justjas33
I’ve applied for HisPol at Edinburgh! It’s one of my absolute favourites too (Edinburgh and St Andrews swap places constantly on which is my favourite). Applied on 9th Nov and still haven’t heard, although that was expected as I know Edinburgh takes ages I’m still v nervous aha. Where else have u applied?

Ace!! I’m aware it takes ages too because i’ve heard Edinburgh have a ‘you want to come to us so we will make you wait attitude’. I applied for just politics at Edz to heighten my chances of getting into the uni but they sent me an email saying I have to choose a preferred one because they wouldn’t give away two offers if I were to get. So that was a bit of a waste. I also applied for the UofGlasgow, UofYork and UofExeter. Exeter would ideally be my second choice and I regret not applying at St Andrew’s!! What about yourself? I’d be interested to chat and know about the scepticism other people are feeling too!
Original post by Oscarthorpe11
Ace!! I’m aware it takes ages too because i’ve heard Edinburgh have a ‘you want to come to us so we will make you wait attitude’. I applied for just politics at Edz to heighten my chances of getting into the uni but they sent me an email saying I have to choose a preferred one because they wouldn’t give away two offers if I were to get. So that was a bit of a waste. I also applied for the UofGlasgow, UofYork and UofExeter. Exeter would ideally be my second choice and I regret not applying at St Andrew’s!! What about yourself? I’d be interested to chat and know about the scepticism other people are feeling too!

Yeah, it’s been really getting to me tho, just a tad stressful waiting so long and getting more and more concerned they’ll end up rejecting you after that long wait😅 Oh gosh that’s a real shame, I actually considered doing something like that until I was told that they’d only make me withdraw one and choose a preferred one! Ooh nice, I applied to Exeter too but for History and Middle Eastern Studies (FCH). I also applied to Durham for IR and History (CHSS) and Bristol. Ngl Bristol was a last min decision and although I don’t regret it if I had the chance to apply again I’d probably choose York, Lancaster or Leeds instead lmao. How are you feeling about the whole exams situation? I’m relieved they’ve been cancelled but this whole “you could have mini exams!!” thing is....interesting. I just can’t wait until we get more guidance on the matter because idk what I’m meant to be doing :’(
Reply 3
I've applied for hispol at Edinburgh too - I've heard from all my other unis but Edinburgh is taking their time omg I swear if they reject me after I've waited for so long I'm gonna be pissed😭 I know it's competitive tho so I don't wanna get my hopes up lmaooo
Original post by soph0511
I've applied for hispol at Edinburgh too - I've heard from all my other unis but Edinburgh is taking their time omg I swear if they reject me after I've waited for so long I'm gonna be pissed😭 I know it's competitive tho so I don't wanna get my hopes up lmaooo

Literally same lmao, I’ll be devastated if I get rejected after all this waiting :frown:
Yeah, it’s been really getting to me tho, just a tad stressful waiting so long and getting more and more concerned they’ll end up rejecting you after that long wait😅 Oh gosh that’s a real shame, I actually considered doing something like that until I was told that they’d only make me withdraw one and choose a preferred one! Ooh nice, I applied to Exeter too but for History and Middle Eastern Studies (FCH). I also applied to Durham for IR and History (CHSS) and Bristol. Ngl Bristol was a last min decision and although I don’t regret it if I had the chance to apply again I’d probably choose York, Lancaster or Leeds instead lmao. How are you feeling about the whole exams situation? I’m relieved they’ve been cancelled but this whole “you could have mini exams!!” thing is....interesting. I just can’t wait until we get more guidance on the matter because idk what I’m meant to be doing :’(

In all honest i’m not too sure... Just annoying because I would have liked to sit an exam!! It’s been nearly 2 years...
(edited 3 years ago)

Yeh it’s so annoying... especially if you’ve heard back from them all. I’m honestly not even thinking about it because i’m trying to just keep my mind occupied... ahhhhhh
Reply 7
Literally same lmao, I’ll be devastated if I get rejected after all this waiting :frown:

same omg please let me know when you hear back from them!!
Reply 8
Yeh it’s so annoying... especially if you’ve heard back from them all. I’m honestly not even thinking about it because i’m trying to just keep my mind occupied... ahhhhhh

I gotta try do the same omg I keep checking my email every 5 seconds to see if I've got a ucas update 😭honestly at this point I'm just gonna try not think about it bc they're probs gonna take a while to get back to anyone lmaoo
I gotta try do the same omg I keep checking my email every 5 seconds to see if I've got a ucas update 😭honestly at this point I'm just gonna try not think about it bc they're probs gonna take a while to get back to anyone lmaoo

I know!! Let me know when you hear something 😊
In all honest i’m not too sure... I was really chuffed with my grades so and as for this year I just hope I manage to attain the same. But because I got the entry requirements ( without trying to sound like a **** ) i’m okay with this year. Just annoying because I would have liked to sit an exam!! It’s been nearly 2 years...

Awh fair enough! I’m sure you’ll manage to attain the same grades🤞🏾
same omg please let me know when you hear back from them!!

will do!! hopefully soon😭
Awh fair enough! I’m sure you’ll manage to attain the same grades🤞🏾

Please let me know if you hear anything! 😌
Reply 13
Hi I’ve applied for history and politics aswell! I applied to all Scottish unis cause I live here and they all take so long to reply I’ve been waiting since the end of November and have only heard from one uni for another subject. Glasgow and Edinburgh seem to take the longest as well so I have no clue how long it’ll be. I really wouldn’t worry cause Scottish unis generally wait till after the deadline to give out any responses. Waiting really is the worst part I hadn’t heard from any uni until last week I thought I was doomed lol.
Good luck everyone!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ototot
Hi I’ve applied for history and politics aswell! I applied to all Scottish unis cause I live here and they all take so long to reply I’ve been waiting since the end of November and have only heard from one uni for another subject. Glasgow and Edinburgh seem to take the longest as well so I have no clue how long it’ll be. I really wouldn’t worry cause Scottish unis generally wait till after the deadline to give out any responses. Waiting really is the worst part I hadn’t heard from any uni until last week I thought I was doomed lol.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks! Ace. Let me know how you get on. Yeh... they take ages...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending