Fali19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone's offer been withdrawn based on eligibility check? I am very upset with Teach First. They offered me a place and then withdrew it in a matter of few days saying I am not eligible and my 4 year degree from a top university in Bangladesh is not equivalent to a UK Bachelors. When graduates from my university are accepted all over the UK in Russel Group universities and hundreds of graduates from universities in Bangladesh come to the UK for higher studies.
Last edited by Fali19; 1 month ago
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fali19)
Has anyone's offer been withdrawn based on eligibility check? I am very upset with Teach First. They offered me a place and then withdrew it in a matter of few days saying I am not eligible and my 4 year degree from a top university in Bangladesh is not equivalent to a UK Bachelors. When graduates from my university are accepted all over the UK in Russel Group universities and hundreds of graduates from universities in Bangladesh come to the UK for higher studies.
It used to be that ITT providers wanted 50% of your degree (at least) to match the UK national curriculum for your subject? Could this be the issue?

Have teach first explained specifically what is the issue with your degree?
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fali19)
There are plenty of other training providers in the UK. Why not apply to them. I went to a TeachFirst seminar and was not impressed. They seemed more interested in using schools and teaching as a leg up into big business leadership rather than actually making a difference in our schools. If you are truly passionate about teaching, go to a proper ITT provider.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (47)
13.62%
Virtual campus tours/open days (76)
22.03%
Live streaming events (32)
9.28%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (36)
10.43%
A uni comparison tool (80)
23.19%
An in-person event when available (74)
21.45%