Have you ever been motivated by anything from your parents?

Watch
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My parents once told me today that they may be withdrawing all my June 2021 exam entries, so that I am impossible to meet any of my conditional offers for uni.
The only way to stop them from doing so is to be able to complete all housework for four people (including preparing a six-person meal) and be able to proactively make sure a clean, organised manner in everything without any effort from them.
As a result, I suddenly became more motivated, despite it being a joke. If I meet those expectations, I will be one of the few who can deliver to others at uni.
How about you?
username4755594
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
My parents once told me today that they may be withdrawing all my June 2021 exam entries, so that I am impossible to meet any of my conditional offers for uni.
The only way to stop them from doing so is to be able to complete all housework for four people (including preparing a six-person meal) and be able to proactively make sure a clean, organised manner in everything without any effort from them.
As a result, I suddenly became more motivated, despite it being a joke. If I meet those expectations, I will be one of the few who can deliver to others at uni.
How about you?
That's a bit ironic, being motivated by a threat 😂. My mum's doing a degree herself at the moment, so we're motivating each other through setting each other timed deadlines for whatever work we currently have. Similar to you, housework and cleaning is used as reward or punishment. If you do your work on time, or before the deadline, you get to do less housework and cleaning, whereas if you're late you have to do more.
Last edited by username4755594; 4 months ago
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My dad told me he didn't think I was clever enough to become a Forensic Psychologist so I went ahead and did an MSc in Forensic Psychology :lol:
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
If I meet those expectations, I will be one of the few who can deliver to others at uni.
what do you men by this?
Miaaaaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They have only motivated me to stay far away from them, and to dedicate my life to my children and husband.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
They motivated me to be nothing like them
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
If getting a beating for getting bad grades counts as motivation then yep, my parents motivated me to do well at school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads