The Student Room Group

i need a head girl speech asap

I need a powerful winning head girl speech that is 2minutes long. i rlly need your help thank you soooo much.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by futureheadgirl
I need a powerful winning head girl speech that is 2minutes long. i rlly need your help thank you soooo much.

...if u wanna be head girl maybe write ur own speech?
ur applying to a role that shows confidence, leadership, time management etc., it looks bad if ur asking someone else to do it for u
dont get me wrong i have i just need someone to refine it

Good morning Dearest Principal and vice principal, outstanding teachers and amazing students. My name is T---------- and I want to be your head girl.

As Head Girl, you have the platform and ability to have your ideas heard. However, I feel a major aspect of being Head Girl is not only sharing your ideas but also giving others the chance to voice improvements and changes they would like to see in the school community. To guarantee this is fulfilled, I propose we do a monthly survey/ question time, to allow all pupils to have their ideas heard.
I am an extremely motivated person and feel that this has contributed greatly to the success I have experienced throughout my school career. I think increasing the already high level of eagerness will result in a greater sense of pride in our truly unique school. I would like to contribute my enthusiasm to the local community rather than just within the school.

As Head girl, I would fight for the provision of more school teams, such as young entrepreneurial society, maths teams, and more which are active throughout the entire session to ensure no one is left out. Invite more motivational speakers to encourage students of all year groups. Startup new traditions such as setting up a time capsule for the Year 11 students. My goals are limitless and I plan on achieving as much of them as I can if given the opportunity.

If you want a head girl who listens, a head girl who doesn’t give up and a Head girl who will always have the schools and student’s best interests at heart, a head girl who represents, and a Head girl who leads, why note VOTE ----
Are there any present problems that you as a head girl want the headmaster to acknowledge?
You should give some practical examples on what could be improved.
Original post by Rumyodin
Are there any present problems that you as a head girl want the headmaster to acknowledge?

the fact that there are only sports teams active throughout the session.
the fact that there arent enough platforms for students to showcase their talents.
You should give some practical examples on what could be improved.

ok thanks . ill try my best
dont get me wrong i have i just need someone to refine it

Good morning Dearest Principal and vice principal, outstanding teachers and amazing students. My name is T---------- and I want to be your head girl.

As Head Girl, you have the platform and ability to have your ideas heard. However, I feel a major aspect of being Head Girl is not only sharing your ideas but also giving others the chance to voice improvements and changes they would like to see in the school community. To guarantee this is fulfilled, I propose we do a monthly survey/ question time, to allow all pupils to have their ideas heard.
I am an extremely motivated person and feel that this has contributed greatly to the success I have experienced throughout my school career. I think increasing the already high level of eagerness will result in a greater sense of pride in our truly unique school. I would like to contribute my enthusiasm to the local community rather than just within the school.

As Head girl, I would fight for the provision of more school teams, such as young entrepreneurial society, maths teams, and more which are active throughout the entire session to ensure no one is left out. Invite more motivational speakers to encourage students of all year groups. Startup new traditions such as setting up a time capsule for the Year 11 students. My goals are limitless and I plan on achieving as much of them as I can if given the opportunity.

If you want a head girl who listens, a head girl who doesn’t give up and a Head girl who will always have the schools and student’s best interests at heart, a head girl who represents, and a Head girl who leads, why note VOTE ----

Dont use your, use 'my' it subtly projects confidence. eg. I feel a major aspect of being Head Girl is not only sharing my ideas but also giving others the chance to voice improvements
thank you so much. ill change it. this really helps

Original post by highonlearning
Dont use your, use 'my' it subtly projects confidence. eg. I feel a major aspect of being Head Girl is not only sharing my ideas but also giving others the chance to voice improvements

Every person's heart one day beats its final beat. Their lungs breathe a final breath. And if what they did in life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them bleed deeper and believe in something larger than life, then their essence, their spirit, will be immortalised. (credit: The Ultimate Warrior).

Could try that.

Or maybe ask the audience by saying "If I were tell you that I am a traveller from the East searching for that which is lost. Then you should reply to me that, "I am traveller from the West, and it is I whom you seek" (yes it's from The Mummy Returns).

Or you could tell everyone that you're the Commander of the Armies of the North, a father to a murdered son, a husband to a murdered wife, and that you will get vengeance in this life or the next.
Original post by Anonymous
Every person's heart one day beats its final beat. Their lungs breathe a final breath. And if what they did in life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them bleed deeper and believe in something larger than life, then their essence, their spirit, will be immortalised. (credit: The Ultimate Warrior).

Could try that.

Or maybe ask the audience by saying "If I were tell you that I am a traveller from the East searching for that which is lost. Then you should reply to me that, "I am traveller from the West, and it is I whom you seek" (yes it's from The Mummy Returns).

Or you could tell everyone that you're the Commander of the Armies of the North, a father to a murdered son, a husband to a murdered wife, and that you will get vengeance in this life or the next.

not exactly what i was going for but i could incorporate some interesting ideas. thank you
yes i will. i mentioned that in my application letter and i will mention it in my speech. thanks so muchh
Original post by highonlearning

I beg to differ. Inspirational speeches especially when you aim for votes would usually use 'we'. Any inclusive words definitely helps, at least subtly. When Obama spoke in his rally, he was constantly using 'we'. It just gives people the idea that you're not only thinking for yourself but for the whole student body as a whole. I used inclusive words during my election and now I'm the student council president (head girl equivalent!) all the best!! This is again my thoughts and opinions!!
I am feeling appreciated, too.
Original post by sarahyee
I beg to differ. Inspirational speeches especially when you aim for votes would usually use 'we'. Any inclusive words definitely helps, at least subtly. When Obama spoke in his rally, he was constantly using 'we'. It just gives people the idea that you're not only thinking for yourself but for the whole student body as a whole. I used inclusive words during my election and now I'm the student council president (head girl equivalent!) all the best!! This is again my thoughts and opinions!!

thanks so much

thanks so much

thanks for all your help as well

thanks so much

thanks for all your help as well
i go to a school wher most of the things are controlled by teachers so the overall ton should be powerful and engaging to show real confidence but im struggling to make my content aggressive and thats basically my issue. thank you for all your tips and contributions they really help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending