The Student Room Group

GCSE choices

I have around a week left to submit my GCSE choices and I don’t know which to pick over geography or computer science, can I have some advice on which to pick
Original post by MontyHildreth
I have around a week left to submit my GCSE choices and I don’t know which to pick over geography or computer science, can I have some advice on which to pick

With CS there is a 20hr NEA and it is long AF. however I take both and if I were to pick it would be geography as it is so much easier to revise for. if you were to take computing you need to be really good at logic. And I mean really good
Hope this helps
Hayden
Do you know what you want to do in the future? If you don’t pick geography at GCSE, can you still do it at A level?
A lot of people find geography easy, but for me it just seemed really boring.
Computer science isn’t really necessary for anything, but you’ll get some basic programming skills and it’s fairly easy if you’re good at maths. It will give you a head start if you’re planning to do A level computer science.
Choose whatever you enjoy because you will end up most likely performing well in it. I am in y11 and I took GCSE geography - I have enjoyed most of it although obviously I haven't been able to do all the learning or the fieldwork because of coronavirus. Also consider any career ideas you might have as you might want to choose subjects based on that, but otherwise it is best to choose what really interests you most!

I did geography and loved it.
Which one do you enjoy the most? maybe try looking at some past papers
Reply 6
PICK GEO :smile: It's a well-rounded subject at GCSE and I think GEO teaches some core information about the world which everyone should know in order to become "worldly wise" as my geography teacher would say. Also, grade wise, I think it is easier to get a better grade in as my friends doing compsci are struggling. Just pick what you love doing
(edited 3 years ago)

whichever one you enjoy more then the other

Quick Reply

Latest