Want more information about this university?
amywinehousestan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It is one of my five choices and I am seriously considering it since I want to have the university experience away from London although since it is so Far, I worry that if there is anti blackness I might struggle at uni. I am a woman of black and south asian descent.
Iwon'tsay
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I haven't gone to UoM I'm still in college. However I really doubt there is strong Anti blackness seems pretty diverse to me and I'm of South Asian descent. I live in Manchester btw and I'm considering UoM for next year.
amywinehousestan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Iwon'tsay)
Well I haven't gone to UoM I'm still in college. However I really doubt there is strong Anti blackness seems pretty diverse to me and I'm of South Asian descent. I live in Manchester btw and I'm considering UoM for next year.
I just worry that life at the university itself may be slightly difficult to experience within the city... Somewhat similar to Bristol which is a very diverse place however UoB is a very predominantly white university...
isla2345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amywinehousestan)
It is one of my five choices and I am seriously considering it since I want to have the university experience away from London although since it is so Far, I worry that if there is anti blackness I might struggle at uni. I am a woman of black and south asian descent.
Hey, I applied for Manchester as I’ve heard only good things about the diversity there (i am of black descent aswell)!!
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends if you can stand your ground or are naturally timid. I'm surprised though because I'd consider London to be worse than Manchester, yes even if London has many diverse people.
spsb123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Manchester is incredibly diverse, living in Manchester myself. I don't think you have anything to worry about
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's better to just hit the report button instead of replying to a post that is inappropriate or breaks TSR's community guidelines.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (489)
51.91%
No (453)
48.09%

Watched Threads