Proposed Genocide Amendment to the UK Trade Bill

Watch
IbeIC123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Pretty weird that they voted down this on the same day that Mike pompou denounced China for their treatment of the uyghurs.

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...llion-12192800

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-commons-vote
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Meh realism in action i'm afraid. Although rather telling of how dire the economy is if he's willing to take the sort of public flak that admitting to buying the produce of slave labour usually entails. It is interesting watching the UKs position on China though, it's like getting bloody whiplash. One moment they're busy suckling from the teet of the CCP, next they're back in bed with the Americans in righteous indignation and then they're back wallowing in their moral turpitude on the matter. It's almost as if the government is being run by an insane lunatic with the attention span of one of those goldfish you win at fairs, after its been beaten up a bit on the ride home.
Then again, given the revolting sort of lying creature Pompeo is i'm almost tempted to say doing the reverse of whatever he says is a good thing. Alas, China's policy of ethnic cleansing is a bit too nauseating for that in this case.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Give me half a chance and I'd probably be launching a ground invasion on the People's Republic, but...

I don't think many of the people advocating this position have really considered the consequences. Are we really prepared to impose a Cuba-style trade embargo on China, one of the biggest economic actors in the world - and probably where a huge number of your household goods come from? Because that's where that logic leads.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L i b)
Give me half a chance and I'd probably be launching a ground invasion on the People's Republic, but...
I'm sure the Chinese are shaking in their boots.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.18%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.75%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (135)
23.16%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.13%