pavelweisz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. I was applying for SFE at the beginning of September. My application was approved just a few days ago. I am entitled to a £9200 maintenance loan and a £3000 adult dependant grant. During this time me and my partner, we were receiving universal credit. We are entitled to £1520 at UC. Now SFE will pay me in a few days around £9000, two past payments of maintenance loan and payment for a grant. My question is, how UC will deduct this amount? Will they deduct from past time and I will have to pay them back some money, or will they share this amount only for further payments? I have no idea, it is the first time when I am in such a situation. I read a lot about UC and SFE, but I did not find anything about a few months delay from SFE and how UC will work with this delay.
P.S. - I did announce to the UC about everything and did not hide anything from them, and still waiting for their answer, but they are taking a week sometimes to answer and I can not wait anymore.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pavelweisz)
Hi. I was applying for SFE at the beginning of September. My application was approved just a few days ago. I am entitled to a £9200 maintenance loan and a £3000 adult dependant grant. During this time me and my partner, we were receiving universal credit. We are entitled to £1520 at UC. Now SFE will pay me in a few days around £9000, two past payments of maintenance loan and payment for a grant. My question is, how UC will deduct this amount? Will they deduct from past time and I will have to pay them back some money, or will they share this amount only for further payments? I have no idea, it is the first time when I am in such a situation. I read a lot about UC and SFE, but I did not find anything about a few months delay from SFE and how UC will work with this delay.
P.S. - I did announce to the UC about everything and did not hide anything from them, and still waiting for their answer, but they are taking a week sometimes to answer and I can not wait anymore.
Hi Pavel, we are not linked with UC so we are unsure about their processes. I advise you to speak to them to query this.
Thanks, Isaac
pavelweisz
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi Pavel, we are not linked with UC so we are unsure about their processes. I advise you to speak to them to query this.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you for the answer Isaac, but I have one more question to you: where should I apply for a childcare grant if I am a full-time student and my partner is a full-time worker, to UC or to SFE?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for the answer Isaac, but I have one more question to you: where should I apply for a childcare grant if I am a full-time student and my partner is a full-time worker, to UC or to SFE?
Do you receive the childcare element of working tax credit or do you receive any childcare from any other sources? Can you confirm how many children you have and roughly what your household income is?
Thanks, Isaac
pavelweisz
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Do you receive the childcare element of working tax credit or do you receive any childcare from any other sources? Can you confirm how many children you have and roughly what your household income is?
Thanks, Isaac
1 - Until now, I was staying at home with the baby because I was not sure that SFE will approve my application, and it is very hard to study with a child at home (even if now it is online because of the pandemic). My partner's salary is around £1300 per month and we are entitled to £1524 from UC (. And we are thinking now to send our child (18 months) to childcare (of course after the lockdown is over). And we do not know, to apply for a childcare grant to UC or to SFE?
2- Isaac, sorry for asking you so many questions, but I have another one: my payments now are blocked on my SFE account, and I read online that they are checking my NINO from HMRC. How long it usually takes for them to check my NINO and to let money come into my account?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1 - Until now, I was staying at home with the baby because I was not sure that SFE will approve my application, and it is very hard to study with a child at home (even if now it is online because of the pandemic). My partner's salary is around £1300 per month and we are entitled to £1524 from UC (. And we are thinking now to send our child (18 months) to childcare (of course after the lockdown is over). And we do not know, to apply for a childcare grant to UC or to SFE?
2- Isaac, sorry for asking you so many questions, but I have another one: my payments now are blocked on my SFE account, and I read online that they are checking my NINO from HMRC. How long it usually takes for them to check my NINO and to let money come into my account?
I will answer your queries in order.

1. If your household income is around 15k then you should be eligible to apply for childcare grant from SFE.
2. Since this is the first time you've had a loan from us, once your application is approved we have to verify your National Insurance Number (NINO).

Please show the university your notification of entitlement letter and ask them to send Confirmation of Registration (CoR) through to us if you haven't already.

This is sent on a Wednesday to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) and takes one week to be returned to us.

Once the NINO is verified, then your online payment schedule will update unblocking the funding and confirming the new payment date. The normal timescale once this is received is up to 5 working days to clear into your bank if a payment is due

Thanks, Isaac
pavelweisz
Rep:
?
Thank you very much Isaac. You have been very helpfull for me
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you very much Isaac. You have been very helpfull for me
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (608)
49.11%
No (630)
50.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed