user12082004
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya, just wondering if anyone could help me. I'm in lower sixth, studying french, psychology and theatre studies, and have been thinking about looking at law for uni. Could anyone help me with some advice; obviously atm I can't go and do work experience, making it hard for me to see if I would suit the career field.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks!
ellielouisepugh3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I've applied for Law this year, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
user12082004
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ellielouisepugh3)
Hi, I've applied for Law this year, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks so much! This will probs be a big fire of questions so sorry about that ahah
What a levels did you do?
Have you applied for a straight law course, like no dual qualifications or whatever?
Did you do an EPQ and if so what on?
Did you get the chance to do any work experience that helped you know to do law?
Have you done any online courses that helped your personal statement?
Thank you !!
ellielouisepugh3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by user12082004)
Thanks so much! This will probs be a big fire of questions so sorry about that ahah
What a levels did you do?
Have you applied for a straight law course, like no dual qualifications or whatever?
Did you do an EPQ and if so what on?
Did you get the chance to do any work experience that helped you know to do law?
Have you done any online courses that helped your personal statement?
Thank you !!
Hahaha no worries!
1) A-Level English Literature, History and Geography: I would definitely look into 'facilitating subjects' as unis seem to love them!
2) Straight law for every university! (Just for reference, I applied to Cambridge, UCL, Durham, Exeter and Bristol)
3) No I didn't. In year 12 I started it, but I quit just before Easter, because I hated it! It was taking up so much of my time, and I dropped it to prioritise my A-Levels!
4) Yes, I was lucky enough to do some work experience in the October of year 12. I do know it is so hard to get it though, luckily for me, my best friend's dad is a solicitor so I went with him!
5) Yes, I did online summer schools which are so good!c Definitely research them.
For general personal statement tips, I would try getting into a podcast, or some kind of law blog (I'm into HR law, so I frequently use Human Rights Watch!)
Let me know if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (126)
53.62%
No (109)
46.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise