Kakakaty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I put a picture of the question below, I have my own diagram but it doesn't look similar to this one at all
Kakakaty
Rep:
?
Name:  Synapse.PNG
Views: 9
Size:  178.4 KB
AgnosticHaruspex
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's been a while so this may all be hokum, but perhaps this will point you in the right direction?

A - Neuron - transmitting nerve impulses from CNS to the body (efferent) or from the body to the CNS (afferent)
B - Nerve Terminal - used to store & release neurotransmitters to release into the synaptic cleft & act on postsynaptic cells
C - Neurotransmitter - used to carry a chemical signal from the presynaptic cell to the postsynaptic cell
D - Post-synaptic receptor - used to pickup neurotransmitter from the presynaptic neuron
E - Axon - used to transmit action potentials from soma to nerve terminals
F - Synaptic vesicle - used to release neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft where it can act on the postsynaptic cell
Not sure what G is referring to... Phospholipid bilayer? Postsynaptic cell?

Please correct me if i'm wrong!

EDIT: Some words were incorrect.
Last edited by AgnosticHaruspex; 1 month ago
Kakakaty
Rep:
?
(Original post by AgnosticHaruspex)
It's been a while so this may all be hokum, but perhaps this will point you in the right direction?

A - Neuron - transmitting nerve impulses from CNS to the body (efferent) or from the body to the CNS (afferent)
B - Nerve Terminal - used to store & release neurotransmitters to release into the synaptic cleft & act on postsynaptic cells
C - Neurotransmitter - used to carry a chemical signal from the presynaptic cell to the postsynaptic cell
D - Post-synaptic receptor - used to pickup neurotransmitter from the presynaptic neuron
E - Axon - used to transmit action potentials from soma to nerve terminals
F - Synaptic vesicle - used to release neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft where it can act on the postsynaptic cell
Not sure what G is referring to... Phospholipid bilayer? Postsynaptic cell?

Please correct me if i'm wrong!

EDIT: Some words were incorrect.
Thankyou so much, do you think G) could possibly be Dendrite?
summerberry19
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kakakaty)
Hmm. Maybe G is the synaptic cleft? I can’t really tell!
AgnosticHaruspex
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kakakaty)
No worries at all! It's good revision for me. I suppose it could be dendrite! G seems to be encompassing the synaptic cleft, the cell membrane and the intracellular environment of the postsynaptic cell that the effector cell is acting on. It's not drawn particularly well, but dendrite could be your answer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (37)
25.17%
Unhappy (40)
27.21%
Conflicted (70)
47.62%

Watched Threads