Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Welcome to the GED 2022 entry thread.

Useful links:

General TSR Rules:
  1. Do not ask for or post group chat links.
  2. Do not ask for or post interview questions.
  3. Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!
jun50820
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi everyone! I just have a question regarding graduate entry dentistry for 2022. I was wondering if I apply and don’t receive any offers, am I still able to apply again for 2023? I just want to know whether there will be a disadvantage for applying for the second time? Thanks!
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by jun50820)
Hi everyone! I just have a question regarding graduate entry dentistry for 2022. I was wondering if I apply and don’t receive any offers, am I still able to apply again for 2023? I just want to know whether there will be a disadvantage for applying for the second time? Thanks!
Some dental schools specify that they don’t accept reapplicants more than a certain number of times or applicants who have been rejected post-interview. Apart from those schools, you can still reapply and you’ll be at no disadvantage.
Medic Mind
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jun50820)
Hey
As someone in the thread said, most universities accept reapplicants but one important thing they look for is that you've used that year to work on yourself and strengthen your application. This could be by doing things such as working, volunteering, doing more work experience, taking up new hobbies etc.
I know plenty of people who didn't get into Dentistry straight away and secured a place the year after by reapplying!

Wishing you the best of luck,

Numra
Year 3 Dental Student at Bristol
medicmind.co.uk
Sha31
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone,
I am interested to apply graduate entry dentistry course 2021!
Can anyone help providing some information about the course or which universities are the best to apply?
When should I starting preparing my application?
When can I take ucat test?
Thanks
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sha31)
Hi everyone,
Can anyone help providing some information about the course or which universities are the best to apply?
Thanks
I’m assuming you mean you’re applying for 2022 entry so I’ve moved your post here.

You should apply strategically to schools which you have the highest chance of being accepted into - all dental schools are accredited by the GDC so there’s no “which dental school is best” answer. It all depends on your stats and your non-academic preferences (location, course structure etc).

You should book your UCAT test now.

Here is a link to regarding graduate entry dentistry; use this to help you do your own research: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-for-dentistry
Sha31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there !
Thank you very much for the help. I was a bit confused about time! I thought I could still apply for 2021 entry!
Anyway I guess I have to apply for 2022 !
Medic Mind
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sha31)
Hi everyone,
Thanks
Hey,
This might help you in planning when to book your UCAT: https://www.medicmind.co.uk/medicine...-need-to-know/

Also, this is a great way to compare dental schools:
https://www.medicmind.co.uk/dental-s...mparison-tool/

Let me know if you have any further questions about your application, I'd be more than happy to help!

Numra
Year 3 Dental Student
Medic Mind
Sha31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Numra
Thank you very much for your help.
Better I should explain my current situation first so you may give me some specific ideas!
I am currently working as a dental technician.
I have no GCSE or A level science qualification but I have completed BSc dental technology from Cardiff Met uni and then completed MSc in Dental Technology from Sheffield university. I finished my study in 2017.
Then I applied for dental surgery course and called for MMI interview at Leeds university but unfortunately I did not get the place.
Then I thought better I should get some work experience before applying again! So here I am !
So I am planning to apply again . I don’t mind about the quality or status of the uni , i just want to get a place in any dental school as long as I become a qualified dentist.
I have a vast experience on practicing dental treatment!
I used to work with dentists in a dental hospital(my home country) where I treated dental patients directly under supervision of dentists. So I know most of the treatment procedures already! e,g from scaling, filling, extraction to rct!
So mainly I need to get the dental degree.
Hope you are not bored reading my long story! 😁
Now can you please give me some idea which universities are accepting degree qualification and not looking for A level/ GCSE science?
As I know at least one uni Leeds will accept my application!
Kind regards
Sha
Livvygg12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone! I’m applying to graduate dentistry 2022 at hopefully KCL. I’m not blessed with money so I’m unable to pay for accommodation to go far. Even taking the train from Colchester to london is gonna be expensive.

Anything I need to know when applying? I know I have to do really well at UCAT and I’ve started looking over the types of questions and sections using medify and can hopefully do really well on it.

Does anyone know any other graduated dentistry courses? Can’t do undergraduate because I can’t afford it.
Also, can someone give me a full breakdown of the types of loans I can get to support me? I’m assuming it’s the same as graduate medicine but it’s a bit unclear about maintenance loan from the nhs
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sha31)
Hi Numra
Thank you very much for your help.
Better I should explain my current situation first so you may give me some specific ideas!
I am currently working as a dental technician.
I have no GCSE or A level science qualification but I have completed BSc dental technology from Cardiff Met uni and then completed MSc in Dental Technology from Sheffield university. I finished my study in 2017.
Then I applied for dental surgery course and called for MMI interview at Leeds university but unfortunately I did not get the place.
Then I thought better I should get some work experience before applying again! So here I am !
So I am planning to apply again . I don’t mind about the quality or status of the uni , i just want to get a place in any dental school as long as I become a qualified dentist.
I have a vast experience on practicing dental treatment!
I used to work with dentists in a dental hospital(my home country) where I treated dental patients directly under supervision of dentists. So I know most of the treatment procedures already! e,g from scaling, filling, extraction to rct!
So mainly I need to get the dental degree.
Hope you are not bored reading my long story! 😁
Now can you please give me some idea which universities are accepting degree qualification and not looking for A level/ GCSE science?
As I know at least one uni Leeds will accept my application!
Kind regards
Sha
(Original post by Livvygg12)
Hi everyone! I’m applying to graduate dentistry 2022 at hopefully KCL. I’m not blessed with money so I’m unable to pay for accommodation to go far. Even taking the train from Colchester to london is gonna be expensive.

Anything I need to know when applying? I know I have to do really well at UCAT and I’ve started looking over the types of questions and sections using medify and can hopefully do really well on it.

Does anyone know any other graduated dentistry courses? Can’t do undergraduate because I can’t afford it.
Also, can someone give me a full breakdown of the types of loans I can get to support me? I’m assuming it’s the same as graduate medicine but it’s a bit unclear about maintenance loan from the nhs
Hi both, have a look at this link which provides information on 1) which universities provide graduate entry dentistry courses and 2) their entry requirements. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-for-dentistry
Sha31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you very much. It is very helpful link
Sha31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied dentistry course in 2017 . Can I use my same personal statement for the current application? Will it be detected as plagiarism?
Thanks
Medic Mind
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sha31)
I applied dentistry course in 2017 . Can I use my same personal statement for the current application? Will it be detected as plagiarism?
Thanks
Hi,
I don't think that would be detected as plagiarism as it would only be tracked back to you however, I don't think using the same personal statement as 2017 is a good idea, it doesn't show any growth/that you've used that time to strengthen your application. You can use it as a template but I would definitely suggest rewriting sections to show what you've done over the last 3 years to make your application stronger.

Numra
Year 3 Dental Student
Medic Mind
Sha31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Medic Mind)
Hi,
I don't think that would be detected as plagiarism as it would only be tracked back to you however, I don't think using the same personal statement as 2017 is a good idea, it doesn't show any growth/that you've used that time to strengthen your application. You can use it as a template but I would definitely suggest rewriting sections to show what you've done over the last 3 years to make your application stronger.

Numra
Year 3 Dental Student
Medic Mind
That’s great thank you very much. Yes I was thinking the same I will rewrite it and add some words to explain what I have done last 3 years.
You have been very helpful Numra.
Sha31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
Can anyone help?
I have made ucas account for 2021 entry by mistake!
Can I apply for 2022 with the same account? Or should I delete the account and sing up for 2022!
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.14%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.28%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.93%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.5%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads