The Student Room Group

KCL Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the KCL Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread. This includes KCL undergraduate, graduate and ESDP entry discussions.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there
When can we start preparing the application for graduate entry dentistry 2022? So confused!
Can anyone help please?
Contacting ucas is very complicated as they don’t have any email or live chat option!
As I am working for full time so I am not free to call ucas on week days!
Original post by Sha31
Hi there
When can we start preparing the application for graduate entry dentistry 2022? So confused!
Can anyone help please?
Contacting ucas is very complicated as they don’t have any email or live chat option!
As I am working for full time so I am not free to call ucas on week days!

Have you booked your UCAT? If not, do this asap and start preparing.
Create a UCAS account and once applications open, make sure you submit yours by the deadline (usually 15th October).
Reply 3
Thank you very much for the reply. I didn’t book ucat yet!
When is the ucat exam?
Is this 15 October deadline for 2022 entry or 2021?
For ucat practice- should I buy ucat book or practice online will be sufficient?
Original post by Sha31
Thank you very much for the reply. I didn’t book ucat yet!
When is the ucat exam?
Is this 15 October deadline for 2022 entry or 2021?
For ucat practice- should I buy ucat book or practice online will be sufficient?

There are many dates for the UCAT exam up until October: you need to book a day that suits you but slots are being taken up quickly at the moment so you need to act fast.

For UCAT practice, you can use the UCAT book, UCAT website practice papers and/or other resources such as Medify which many people use. Have a read through this UCAT mega thread to get a better idea about how best to prepare: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6864776

This is for 2022 entry.
Reply 5
Thank you very much . I appreciate your help.
I did my ucat and scored badly, 2450 and b3 do you think its worth applying to kcl? I am in a programme called realising opportunities which gives me a bit more advantage
Original post by Zainabalsh
I did my ucat and scored badly, 2450 and b3 do you think its worth applying to kcl? I am in a programme called realising opportunities which gives me a bit more advantage

Hey, I’d say it’s a good idea to call kings college london and ask or try and get in touch with the person who manages the realising opportunities program to ask them.
Original post by Zainabalsh

Based on your UCAT score, KCL would not be a strategic place to apply to. They are generally UCAT heavy and on average take applicants with 680+.
Where did u get this Info from @Mesopotamian.
what would be a good score for the ucat?
Showercapsuf on YouTube has a video on the UCAT scores needed for each dental school

https://youtu.be/aIDtHzbJjfA
Hey is anyone here a resit student?
Original post by PTTT!!
Hello should I apply to KCL dentistry with 2920 b3? I’m an international applicant

kings usually do place some importance on sjt but ur score is rly good so u could go for it
Hi there. I scored 2790 B2 in the UCAT. Is it worth applying to Kings with this score? Thank you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by junedfile
Hi there. I scored 2790 B2 in the UCAT. Is it worth applying to King's with this score? Thank you.

Yes, that’s a good score.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Yes, that’s a good score.

Thank you. I'm a bit hesitant because I don't have any A*s in my GCSEs. However, my feedback from KCL for last year's cycle indicated weaknesses in my UCAT and PS.

Also, I'm applying as a mature student (no degree), and I've completed the relevant access course this year. Do you know if KCL assesses mature students differently?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by junedfile
Hi there. I scored 2790 B2 in the UCAT. Is it worth applying to King's with this score? Thank you.

If it’s any consolation, I got an interview last year with a score lower than that and the same band :smile:
Original post by DrSmile
If it’s any consolation, I got an interview last year with a score lower than that and the same band :smile:

Fingers crossed you'll get an offer this year!
hi.
yesterday i scored 2620 band 2 in the ucat because my computer turned off half way through and i was told i wasn’t allowed to get the extra time back that i lost. is it still worth applying to kings? i checked the ucat scores for those who got interviews last year on the ‘what do they know’ website and many people got way less than me, so i’m assuming yes???

my other stats are predicted A*A*A*A and gcses 99999888777. i also an part of widening participation programmes at kings which can reduce my offer
thanks
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest