The Student Room Group

Cardiff Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the Cardiff Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread. This includes standard and foundation entry discussion.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Can I apply for Cardiff if I didn’t have gcse grades? (I had the equivalent thing tho, but not GCSEs) I heard that Cardiff is very gcse heavy
Reply 2
Do Cardiff prioritise candidates from Wales ? Anyone know the stats of Welsh applicants to RUK ?
what is their cohort size out of interest
would I still be accepted if I have a 6 instead of a 7 in chemistry, considering the rest of my application is relatively strong?
Reply 5
Original post by rama12034
would I still be accepted if I have a 6 instead of a 7 in chemistry, considering the rest of my application is relatively strong?

They r GCSE heavy , their main selection criteria is GCSE. Interview Selection is based on point system A* =3 , A=2 and B=1. Minimum point required is 22-26 range out of 27. Do check your score👍🏼
Original post by shazipk
They r GCSE heavy , their main selection criteria is GCSE. Interview Selection is based on point system A* =3 , A=2 and B=1. Minimum point required is 22-26 range out of 27. Do check your score👍🏼

Is that the minimum requirement just to get an interview or to be considered ? Also is a level 9 at GCSE considered an A*?

If you know pls let me know ☺️
Reply 7
Original post by verrucosasnape
Is that the minimum requirement just to get an interview or to be considered ? Also is a level 9 at GCSE considered an A*?

If you know pls let me know ☺️

Its a requirement as last year ppl saying .9/8 are A*. 7 equals A and 6 as B
Original post by shazipk

Ok cool thank you 👍👍👍
Hi guys!:smile:
Now that cardiff received our ucat results, do you know when we will hear back from them about the interviews?
Original post by Greekdentist
Hi guys!:smile:
Now that cardiff received our ucat results, do you know when we will hear back from them about the interviews?

Im pretty sure it’ll be December time🤔🤔 I think. Does anyone know how much notice they give us for interviews?
Im pretty sure it’ll be December time🤔🤔 I think. Does anyone know how much notice they give us for interviews?

I see thank you!:smile: Do you know how much emphasis they put on the ucat and whether they can accept band 4 ?
I see thank you!:smile: Do you know how much emphasis they put on the ucat and whether they can accept band 4 ?

I’ve had a check on the website. in the other essential entry requirements it says that you must have sat the UCAT but that’s all I can see 💁 I did watch a video on YouTube which was quite useful. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/dtPin6KRCmM
I’ve had a check on the website. in the other essential entry requirements it says that you must have sat the UCAT but that’s all I can see 💁 I did watch a video on YouTube which was quite useful. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/dtPin6KRCmM

Thank you so much for sharing the link too:smile:
Where else did you apply and did you sit the bmat too?

I just sat the UCAT, and I applied to Birmingham, Sheffield and Plymouth how about you ?
(edited 2 years ago)

That’s ok I’m glad that it helped :smile:
@shazipk
Im pretty sure that system is only for medicine not dentistry
Reply 17
Original post by Blobicus
@shazipk
Im pretty sure that system is only for medicine not dentistry

I attended their open day . They explained the point system..yes it is also for dentistry 👍🏼
Original post by shazipk

If I had IELTS, UCAT and IAL (2A*2A) only, would they consider my application?
(edited 2 years ago)
Does everyone get a login for the Sims services for Cardiff? And do you use it to book an interview time or just for booking accommodation does anyone know ?

Quick Reply

Latest