The Student Room Group

RE 12 mark essay help

Is this worth 12 marks?

Christians believe that marriage is a gift from God, one that should not be taken for granted. It is the right atmosphere to engage in sexual relations and to build a family life. They believe that the ability to have children should be used if possible, as in the Bible it says, ‘be fruitful and multiply.’ Furthermore, Muslims believe marriage is for procreation, and as the Messenger of Allah said: “Marriage is part of my sunnah, and whoever does not follow my sunnah has nothing to do with me. Get married, for I will boast of your great numbers before the nations. Whoever has the means, let him get married, and whoever does not, then he should fast for it will diminish his desire,” they believe that if possible, everybody should marry and have children.

However, many people in contemporary society believe that the main purpose of family is to have someone who cares and protects you, and that a married couple do not need to have children if they do not wish to and are instead just there to provide support for each other. In addition, infertile couples marry even though they cannot have children, and are still considered to be a family.

There are differing views on whether the main purpose of the family is procreation. Many Christians believe that the ability to have children is a gift from God, and we should use this gift as in the Bible it says, ‘be fruitful and multiply’, while others believe that the main purpose of family is to have someone who cares and protects you. Overall, I believe that the primary function of the family is to ensure the continuation of society through procreation; this view is supported by many scholars throughout society.
What's the statement you're responding to? (The question)
Original post by MiriamL

“The main purpose of the family is procreation’” (12)

· You should include the following in your answer:

· Arguments which agree with the statement

· Arguments which disagree

· Religious views

· Your own opinion in your conclusion
Use your notes as fodder
Original post by tinygirl96
Use your notes as fodder

??????????
Original post by lstocber
“The main purpose of the family is procreation’” (12)

· You should include the following in your answer:

· Arguments which agree with the statement

· Arguments which disagree

· Religious views

· Your own opinion in your conclusion

Sorry I promise I will help you with this. Which exam board? Just need to check criteria. I did ocr and the question seems a little different. I really struggled with 12 markers all through the first year but I got them and managed to get a nine by the end of the gcse. You can do it!
Original post by heldbygrace
“Family is more important to religious people”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending