Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Welcome to the Leeds Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

General TSR Rules:
  1. Do not ask for or post group chat links.
  2. Do not ask for or post interview questions.
  3. Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!
Anonymous129836
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I’m currently on a gap year and finished my a-levels in year 13. I’m getting my results this august and predicting myself AAB (B in biology) and As in chem and psych. I was wondering how likely is it that I would get an offer from Leeds through A2L? I am eligible through Reach for Excellence scheme and alone but since I am applying with results and not predicted grades how exactly would that work? Has anyone ever been in a similar situation ? Thankyou
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous129836)
Hi, I’m currently on a gap year and finished my a-levels in year 13. I’m getting my results this august and predicting myself AAB (B in biology) and As in chem and psych. I was wondering how likely is it that I would get an offer from Leeds through A2L? I am eligible through Reach for Excellence scheme and alone but since I am applying with results and not predicted grades how exactly would that work? Has anyone ever been in a similar situation ? Thankyou
I’ve moved your thread to the existing Leeds 2022 entry thread to keep the conversation in one place once the applicant threads get busier later this year

Usually, having achieved grades will work more in your favour (rather than the opposite) - but they will rank you against other applicants. I’m no expert on Leeds’ admissions process though so if in doubt, you can always contact their admissions team.
Anonymous129836
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahh thankyou! I did get in touch and emailed A2L and they said I would be eligible for alternative entry. I’m just dreading the whole being compared with other applicants thing so I was just wondering if anyone has actually been in a similar situation or actually even gotten in with AAB for dentistry through A2L. I need some statistics please (if you have any)Thanks again 😊
Last edited by Anonymous129836; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (57)
28.93%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.61%
No I am happy with my choice (109)
55.33%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
8.12%

Watched Threads