The Student Room Group

UCLAN Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the UCLAN Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread. UCLAN have a graduate entry course only.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi everyone,

This is a general forum for anyone applying in this rotation (2022 entry). If you have any thoughts or information please feel free to comment 😁.

Hopefully the collective info will be useful to some of you.

GOOD LUCK
Regarding the GCSE requirements for direct entry into year 2, I just wanted to ask whether graduates still need to have the B grade in English language?
Original post by Lolerpool
Regarding the GCSE requirements for direct entry into year 2, I just wanted to ask whether graduates still need to have the B grade in English language?

Hi! I think it’s best to ring them up :smile:
Original post by 007Ruby007
Hi! I think it’s best to ring them up :smile:

Yes I might do that, thanks!
does anyone know what the entrance exam is like and what it entails?
Original post by KingLadoo
does anyone know what the entrance exam is like and what it entails?

Hey, the info (plus the document of topics) should be on their website :smile:
Reply 7
Did anyone get confirmation that their Verification of Prior Learning response has been received? I submitted mines a few days ago but have not heard anything from them
Anyone else not got a response from UCLan yet following application?
Reply 9

same, still haven't received anything even after submitting the form

Hi @007Ruby007,

Sorry to hear that you've not had a response yet.

I would recommend contacting our admissions team on +44 (0)1772 892444.

Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with :smile:

Dan
Hey, the info (plus the document of topics) should be on their website :smile:

hey i just wanted to check. ive submitted via ucas and got an email to confim my personal email. is there anything else i need to do? what is this "verification of prior learning" on their website?
hey i just wanted to check. ive submitted via ucas and got an email to confim my personal email. is there anything else i need to do? what is this "verification of prior learning" on their website?

Essentially if one starts the UCLAN course, we will be entering second year hence why it’s a 4year programme. It’s aimed at graduates, understandbly. To ensure applicants have a sound scientific knowledge background, UCLAN do an entrance exam. Soo…. The verification of prior learning is basically like a summary of required topics for this exam. It kinda provides the dental school with some assurance that the applicant has covered these certain topics, during their previous studies.

Normally the form is filled out when the UCAS application is sent. Please visit UCLAN’s entrance requirements, there should be a link to the form… under the ‘application and interview process”.

Good luck!♥️
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PharmXDent
Essentially if one starts the UCLAN course, we will be entering second year hence why it’s a 4year programme. It’s aimed at graduates, understandbly. To ensure applicants have a sound scientific knowledge background, UCLAN do an entrance exam. Soo…. The verification of prior learning is basically like a summary of required topics for this exam. It kinda provides the dental school with some assurance that the applicant has covered these certain topics, during their previous studies.

Normally the form is filled out when the UCAS application is sent. Please visit UCLAN’s entrance requirements, there should be a link to the form… under the ‘application and interview process”.

Good luck!♥️

Hey, i cant believe i missed this, i panicked and just have submitted it now!!! hopefully it wont affect my application? but thank you for the clarification! but also im a pharm too whos looking to study dent!!!
Hey, i cant believe i missed this, i panicked and just have submitted it now!!! hopefully it wont affect my application? but thank you for the clarification! but also im a pharm too whos looking to study dent!!!

Awwww, you’re welcome anytime! Glad I was able to help somebody!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I also panicked when I realised I hadn't submitted the VPL form online as previously they wanted applicants to email it to them. Just wanted to let you know that I emailed them to ask if submitting it later than the 15th of Oct will affect my application and they said it won't so don't worry !!:smile:
Hey guys, hope everyone is well and keeping safe🙃🙂

Just a quick one… has anyone heard anything yet? We got three weeks till the test and I’m unsure whether to prep for it as not heard anything yet. TIA
Hey guys, hope everyone is well and keeping safe🙃🙂

Just a quick one… has anyone heard anything yet? We got three weeks till the test and I’m unsure whether to prep for it as not heard anything yet. TIA

me too! im just sitting here waiting and im not sure what resources or where to start with the recommended revision. Or what the test format will be like:s-smilie:
me too! im just sitting here waiting and im not sure what resources or where to start with the recommended revision. Or what the test format will be like:s-smilie:

Defoo! I’m lost on resources too😭 All I know is, that it’s gonna be online.

Why do I have a feeling we’re gonna have to cram all the recap revision within a fornight😫😭

Have you applied elsewhere?
(edited 2 years ago)
Defoo! I’m lost on resources too😭 All I know is, that it’s gonna be online.

Why do I have a feeling we’re gonna have to cram all the recap revision within a fornight😫😭

Have you applied elsewhere?

trust me! its not gonna be fun! Liverpool and Manchester for UG and kings PG, would be a miracle to get an interview with them based on my ucat haha wbu

Quick Reply

Latest