Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I’ve applied for my A levels and I was wondering what type of combination would be best to apply to study Economics at LSE. I’ve applied for Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Geography at the moment. Originally I wanted to do Business instead of Geography since I enjoy it more, but I read some things that suggested not to do it so I didn’t apply for it.

Do you think it’s a good combination to get into LSE for Economics?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I’ve applied for my A levels and I was wondering what type of combination would be best to apply to study Economics at LSE. I’ve applied for Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Geography at the moment. Originally I wanted to do Business instead of Geography since I enjoy it more, but I read some things that suggested not to do it so I didn’t apply for it.

basically yh according to info given out from lse about how they give out offers for the best possible chance of an offer, you need:
- maths and further maths
- 4 subjects
- don't take business as they don't like that subject especially for econ
LSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Our preference is for a broad mix of traditional academic subjects, which this subject combination includes. Further Mathematics is strongly preferred so taking this is a sensible idea.

I would recommend referring to the subject combination guidance on the programme page and the Virtual Undergraduate Economics Open Day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (517)
51.29%
No (491)
48.71%

Watched Threads