Girls - how often do you cry, and what kind of stuff sets you off?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Just wondering how often you girls cry.

I have a girl who's very close to me, and she cries quite often, and I'm just wondering if this is normal, or due to an underlying condition/cause.

So, normal girls, how often do you cry, what do you cry about most often, and what kind of things usually set you off?
jesus-ninja
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
All the time lol! Being a girl is emotional work :p::laughing:
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
almost anything, sad film, tv show, argument with any of my family or friends. Just depends on the mood I in I suppose
jaz_jaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not that often anymore, unless something is bothering me e.g if I'm arguing with someone, or something "uncomfortable" is going on.
Maybe every month or two now though.
Hearing Voices
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not too often, every couple of weeks maybe... but if it's any comfort, nearly every time I cry I'm with my boyfriend, because I feel most comfortable with him... so don't get too concerned if this is a girl you like/you're with
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I cry A LOT.
I wouldn't be suprised if I'm the person you know :p:
Generally it's stress. I have major anxiety problems right now, and have done since about february, and I reckon I've burst into tears at least a couple of times a week since then.
It's okay though, because it's a form of emotional release. I reckon I'd get really deeply depressed if I didn't cry.
chloecouture
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I cry a little bit at silly things like on films and stuff but i cry properly about once a year or less tbh!
frogout
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I cry a lot about feeling like a failure
Emmsiewoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmmmmm i'd disagree with the above :P

i hardly ever cry!!!!

I used to when i was 13/14 but that was just brutal teenage growing pains.

now its hardly ever, unless im tired and then it only takes a sad song or film.

i dont really cry over people, but i spose thats coz my lifes good lol

i dont think its that hard work emotionally being a girl!!!
I Have No Imagination
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I probably cry once a year.
Sprockette
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I just want to cry and I'll have to eventually, about anything. For me if I want to cry then I imagine stuff (against my will!) that makes me cry! :o:
Cate15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Once a day, at least.
I just cry over stupid things liek hating my job or coursework being too hard or tripping up and being embarassed.

I really wanna know how to stop it.
ANY TIPS?
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cate15)
Once a day, at least.
I just cry over stupid things liek hating my job or coursework being too hard or tripping up and being embarassed.

I really wanna know how to stop it.
ANY TIPS?
Counselling? Seriously though, I do that and I just basically have a 40 crying fest every 2 weeks to the counsellor, she sits there and talks back a bit, and then I don't seem to get *as* upset the rest of the time.

However, it gets worse again towards the end of the 2 weeks. This weekend was bad 3 times on Friday, 6 times on Saturday and 4 on Sunday (and twice today) all because I keep thinking about the same thing. Bring on Wednesday morning!
that_time
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I cry quite a lot, not normally in front of other people.

I used to cry in front of my last boyfriend though because I felt comfortable with him. Not because it was his fault (although sometimes it was!), or because there was any underlying condititon it was simply the fact that I didn't feel embarrassed or the need to hide it when I was with him. Also I guess he was good at making me feel better so I suppose it was better than crying on my own.
watermelon sugar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
girls cry a lot, at the obvious stuff. my friends always cry when someone's said something bad to/about them or if something sad happens, but i tend to cry when i get stuck in maths or i get lost... don't think i can really give any personal input because i cry way more than anyone else i know but not usually around people or about obvious stuff. everyone cries at different stuff, some people do more easily or it's just their way of reacting to something.
Jenny-is-a-sock
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
More a less anything, and loads of times.
hollywollydoodle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I find when im really tired im prone to crying, which is very annoying. If I cry alot it can trigger headaches, which i find really wierd. Does anyone else get that?
Aconite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, at least once an hour, usually about My Boyfriend.
becky.fm
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe once every few days? Just stuff like arguments, problems at home, stress, worrying too much, generally being down.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I used to only cry about once a year, but for the last couple of months I've been having a pretty bad time and I've been crying a lot... nearly every day for the last two weeks. But in normal circumstances I almost never cry, and NEVER in front of people. My best friends think I'm emotionally dead because they've never seen me cry, not even at sad films.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (53)
28.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.2%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
55.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads