Carlalou4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I have a BSc (Hons) in Equine Science which I completed a number of years ago and got fully funded for by SFE. I then went on to start an MSc in Equine science about 3 years ago but I only completed the PGDip and I am now paying student finance back for this on a monthly basis.

My question is I have applied to do a full time second degree in BSc(Hons) in Diagnostic Radiography and want to check if I will be eligible for funding for tuition fees and maintenance loan if I am successful in getting a place at my one of my chosen unis?

I have seen another thread where an applicant for nursing was rejected by SFE because they said the degree was a lower qualification than the one they already had - she had done an MSc not sure what subject but she hadn't got a maintenance loan for it.

I thought it didn't matter what level of study you had done if you are applying for one of the courses on the exception list?

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Carlalou4)
Hello,

I have a BSc (Hons) in Equine Science which I completed a number of years ago and got fully funded for by SFE. I then went on to start an MSc in Equine science about 3 years ago but I only completed the PGDip and I am now paying student finance back for this on a monthly basis.

My question is I have applied to do a full time second degree in BSc(Hons) in Diagnostic Radiography and want to check if I will be eligible for funding for tuition fees and maintenance loan if I am successful in getting a place at my one of my chosen unis?

I have seen another thread where an applicant for nursing was rejected by SFE because they said the degree was a lower qualification than the one they already had - she had done an MSc not sure what subject but she hadn't got a maintenance loan for it.

I thought it didn't matter what level of study you had done if you are applying for one of the courses on the exception list?

Thank you
Hi, your previous study will not affect your eligibility for funding for this course.
Thanks, Isaac
Carlalou4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, your previous study will not affect your eligibility for funding for this course.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you very much, fingers crossed I get a place on the course :-)
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Carlalou4)
Thank you very much, fingers crossed I get a place on the course :-)
You're welcome. I hope you are successful and good luck with your studies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.14%
No (236)
48.86%

Watched Threads