Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
My friends make fun of me and call me a simp because I give compliments to girls. I give compliments to guys too but that doesn't bother them. They call me a simp if I tell a girl I like hair or her makeup or some aspect of her personality like sometimes I do but genuinely, not fake flattery.

Anyways, they tell me I am a simp and should stop.

I don't understand why though, girls compliment each other all the time, what's wrong with a guy doing it? Very rarely am I into the girl, I just like to acknowledge good things in people and be pleasant because I recognise that some people put effort in their appearance and they deserve acknowledgement. It can be as insignificant as a nice shirt and it's not just girls. Even though guys rarely wear make up or something but I will compliment them for their clothes or their hairstyle, etc. Again nobody seems to mind then, that's not ''cringe'', it's only when I'm complimenting the opposite sex?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you spend 24/7 liking comments, pictures, searching people you're too shy to talk to in real life, end up giving stuff away for free and bending over backwards for random people - any of this ringing a bell then yeah sadly, you're a simp.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
yeah maby your freinds are correct but it dosent matter i am a simp also tbh but nobody onplanet earth cares
ADarling
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My friends make fun of me and call me a simp because I give compliments to girls. I give compliments to guys too but that doesn't bother them. They call me a simp if I tell a girl I like hair or her makeup or some aspect of her personality like sometimes I do but genuinely, not fake flattery.

Anyways, they tell me I am a simp and should stop.

I don't understand why though, girls compliment each other all the time, what's wrong with a guy doing it? Very rarely am I into the girl, I just like to acknowledge good things in people and be pleasant because I recognise that some people put effort in their appearance and they deserve acknowledgement. It can be as insignificant as a nice shirt and it's not just girls. Even though guys rarely wear make up or something but I will compliment them for their clothes or their hairstyle, etc. Again nobody seems to mind then, that's not ''cringe'', it's only when I'm complimenting the opposite sex?
that's so sweet thank you for being a gentleman in this world
saskiax
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That isn't even the definition of a simp, a simp is someone who lets girls manipulate him into doing things for them
username5600914
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No, that's not even the definition of a simp.
Spoiler:
Show
My mans and I simp over each other. :blush:
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Btw, there's a TSR Simp Society if any you guys interested in sharing your simps and just generally learning how to simp better together, pick up simp tips and simp advice etc. so if you aspire to become a pro simp'er then this is the society for you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by saskiax)
That isn't even the definition of a simp, a simp is someone who lets girls manipulate him into doing things for them
I know but theyre telling me I am spoiling girls and making them think they're all that...like Im doing something for them with nothing in return (not strictly true, lots of girls compliment me back lol)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads