The Student Room Group

LSE Msc Finance 2021

Creating this thread for LSE applicants for Msc Finance, or any other course in the Finance Department. Has anyone heard anything yet?
An offer/ rejection/waitlist? Please mention your date of application, date of LFY ID and date of decision(if any)
Hi there !! So I applied to LSEs Finance programme. Date of application: 7th December 2020Date of LFY ID: 16th December 2020Decision Date: 14th January 2021 Current Status: Wait listed I was under the impression that LSE takes at least 6-8 weeks to reach a decision. But my application was waitlisted in almost a month i.e. 4 weeks. Has anyone else who applied in the same time frame been waitlisted/accepted/rejected?
Reply 2
hey! My application timelines are as follows!
Applied- Nov 19,2020
LFY ID- 7 Dec,2020
No decision or communication yet! I was asked for 1 additional doc on 5th Jan. But have not heard anything else yet.
Have you experienced a transcript drop or anything? And do you know anyone so far who has been rejected/accepted?

Original post by RohanSingh1995
Hi there !! So I applied to LSEs Finance programme. Date of application: 7th December 2020Date of LFY ID: 16th December 2020Decision Date: 14th January 2021 Current Status: Wait listed I was under the impression that LSE takes at least 6-8 weeks to reach a decision. But my application was waitlisted in almost a month i.e. 4 weeks. Has anyone else who applied in the same time frame been waitlisted/accepted/rejected?
Original post by Aashkaa
hey! My application timelines are as follows!
Applied- Nov 19,2020
LFY ID- 7 Dec,2020
No decision or communication yet! I was asked for 1 additional doc on 5th Jan. But have not heard anything else yet.
Have you experienced a transcript drop or anything? And do you know anyone so far who has been rejected/accepted?

I have no idea if anyone else has received an offer so far. I think if you submitted the additional document on 5th Jan....it should take at least four weeks from 5th Jan to receive a response. What additional document did you have to submit?
Reply 4
I was asked to send an updated CV. I had reinstated my application from last year, so I just made some changes to my SOP and had no significant change to my CV, and hence I didnt send a new one. They asked me to send an updated cv, but I ended up just sending them the same cv with a small additional note. I really dont know what that means for me :frown:
Original post by Aashkaa
I was asked to send an updated CV. I had reinstated my application from last year, so I just made some changes to my SOP and had no significant change to my CV, and hence I didnt send a new one. They asked me to send an updated cv, but I ended up just sending them the same cv with a small additional note. I really dont know what that means for me :frown:

Have you applied to any other college?
Reply 6
Hey,guys! Someone reports an offer today. His timeline is 11.4ID-1.26. Hope this is helpful.
Reply 7
Original post by xyh
Hey,guys! Someone reports an offer today. His timeline is 11.4ID-1.26. Hope this is helpful.

Hey thanks a bunch! Is this for MSc Finance?
Also, have you heard back yet?
Reply 8
Original post by Aashkaa
Hey thanks a bunch! Is this for MSc Finance?
Also, have you heard back yet?

Yes.
Not yet.
Reply 9
A fellow TSR member just messaged me yesterday that he has received a provisional offer from the Dept of Finance. LSE ID 5th November, no transcript drop, reinstated application, provisional offer received via email on 27th January. Just thought id keep you guys posted.
Was first or second choice? Thanks in advance
hi, does anyone know the stats/probability of getting into the LSE MSc Finance program after you got waitlisted?

Applied: December 16th
Initial consideration: February 17th (Waitlisted)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ariyana28
hi, does anyone know the stats/probability of getting into the LSE MSc Finance program after you got waitlisted?

Hi there !!

Programme: MSc. Finance
Date of application: 12th December
Initial consideration: 14th January - Waitlisted

There are statistics available from the past years. I'll try and dig them up. I remember seeing them on a particular website for all Finance department programmes at LSE

Hello,

I have a very similar timeline and have been waitlisted as well.
Original post by ariyana28

Waitlist Statistics for LSE MSc. Finance

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admission_statistics_for_msc_fin_2
Hello,

Has anyone heard back yet?
has anyone got an offer after being waitlisted ?
Original post by catherineWong
has anyone got an offer after being waitlisted ?

LSE ID: 15th December
Waitlist: 14th January
Provisional Offer: 15th March

Got a provisional offer three weeks back !!
Email was in the spam folder but the online tracker still shows waitlist. Might be worth checking out the spam folder
LSE ID: 15th December
Waitlist: 14th January
Provisional Offer: 15th March

Got a provisional offer three weeks back !!
Email was in the spam folder but the online tracker still shows waitlist. Might be worth checking out the spam folder

is this for MSc Finance? What grades/experience did you apply with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending